Sr Credit Officer Diversified (2019 Top Workplace)
Join a 2019 Top Workplace!
This position serves Compeer’s internal and external clients by supporting other team members and processing loan requests, loan servicing requests, and other credit services. This individual provides guidance and is a resource for structuring credit packages, as well as providing analysis and support for analysis of loan applications for new or renewed loans and loan servicing. This individual will approve/deny loans within delegated authority and completes the analysis and loan structuring efforts for larger, more complex loans.
- Credit Expertise & Analysis: Provides accurate financial analysis for complex client relationships by utilizing various software applications and other related systems; qualifies, validates and reconciles financial information utilized in the credit decision making process.
- Client Service: Provides prompt turn around on credit and servicing requests, and typically anticipates such requests; communicates the status of loans in process with internal credit, sales, and operations to insure coordination between external client and Compeer.
- Credit Administration & Reporting: Proactively monitors the loan performance for the organization and provides direction for loan classification; works directly with sales team or with clients to develop a plan to cure loan delinquencies; monitors database exception reports to ensure proper financial, collateral, and loan classifications are accurate. Serves as a resource/mentor for team members in trending and related systems; qualifies, validates and reconciles financial information utilized in the credit decision making process; completes industry specific research to validate key cash flow projections; serves as a mentor for less experienced team members.
Minimum Qualifications & Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in ag economics, finance, accounting, business administration, or related field; or equivalent work experience.
- 7 or more years related work experience.
- Advanced knowledge of large/complex agricultural businesses, crop and livestock industries and associated production practices.
- Advanced understanding of credit processing and servicing activities, accounting principles and practices, credit analysis procedures, credit administration, monitoring and reporting, and portfolio management.
- Requires advanced interpersonal, collaboration, communication, team building, problem solving, analytical, organizational, and time management skills.
- Highly developed negotiating, and influencing skills; ability to deal with internal & external high stress situations and resolve conflicts.
- Requires advanced computer skills including MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) and client databases.
On July 1, 2017 AgStar Financial Services, Badgerland Financial and 1st Farm Credit Services joined together as Compeer Financial, strengthening our commitment to the agricultural community.
Compeer Financial, headquartered in Sun Prairie, WI, exists to champion the hopes and dreams of rural America like never before. If you are interested in empowering those in agriculture and rural communities to achieve their goals and expand their possibilities, we invite you to learn more about our organization. We are looking for innovative, dynamic and collaborative team members to join our team.
We offer great benefits including:
- Competitive base salary
- Health insurance benefits (medical, dental, vision, etc.)
- 401k (3% Compeer contribution & up to an additional 6% match)
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays
- Educational assistance
- Training and development programs
- Qualified candidates please apply online at www.compeer.com/careers.
Compeer Financial is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.