Managing Director, Search
Career Opportunity with a 2019 Top Workplace!
The Managing Director, Search at Salo is a critical position within our organization. In this role, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate positive impact on the executive search business. You will provide overall leadership, vision, guidance and management to the Business Development Directors (BDDs) on the Executive Search Finance team. Do you get energy from developing and implementing strategic business plans to ensure business continuity in alignment with overall firm wide goals and desired business objectives? If so, you'll have the unique opportunity to do that while at the same time, ensuring that all team members continue to embrace Salo's professional brand. If you have a combination of experience in finance, accounting, recruiting and/or sales and you get energy from working in a fast-paced, positive environment, then this role could be for you.
- As a member of Salo’s Management Team, support setting the vision and overall strategy for the company
- Cascade firm-wide strategy into an inspiring vision and business plan for the Executive Search Finance practice
- Responsible for the annual and quarterly budgeting processes for the Search business unit
- Accountable for driving the business in a direction that ensures financial targets are met or exceeded on a consistent basis
- Ensure all BDDs comprehend and embrace the overall mission and business objectives for Salo
- Source, assess and hire Business Development Directors that align with Salo’s values and elevate our brand
- Establish and build strategic, long-term relationships with senior-level finance leaders to drive both business development and talent attraction efforts that align with Salo’s mission and vision.
- Ensure the develop and maintenance of a pipeline of candidates through proactive search and building candidate relationships.
- Drive the overall training processes for the team to ensure all new hires are sufficiently on-boarded which includes continual communication with respect to expectations of their personal goals, metrics and objectives
- Responsible for the growth, development and performance management of the BDD team. Collaborate with BDDs to establish personal development plans for ongoing coaching and individual growth
- Responsible for ensuring that BDDs hit individual performance metrics on a recurring basis.
- Ensure processes, policies and systems will enable growth, improve operating performance and create a competitive advantage
- Be an active leader within our community attending and speaking at industry events, serve on the board of a business or philanthropic organization
- Undergraduate degree required
- Minimum 10 years of finance related business experience and 5 years of comprehensive, increasingly responsible management and leadership experience
- Proven track record of introducing, leading and executing on new strategic initiatives
- Strong communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with employees of all levels within the organization, as well as with clients and the public; become the public representative and face of Salo
- Proven ability to build strong relationships that lead to effective collaboration with others
- Ability to lead a dynamic team of seasoned professionals, as well the ability to act as an organizational leader in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a high level of professionalism and incorporating fun into the team culture
- Proven track record of sales leadership with favorable results in the management and ownership of a P&L while growing a business or service line
- Broad exposure in a staffing, recruiting or service business strongly preferred
Salo is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.
* This description covers the primary purpose and principal duties of the job. It is not intended to give all details or a step-by-step account of the way each procedure or task is performed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions