Community Center Executive Director
Opened in the spring of 2018, The Jack Link’s Aquatic & Activity Center (JLAAC) is designed to enhance community life in NW Wisconsin by providing positive and impactful social, physical and recreational opportunities for individuals, families, and the community at large.
Features of this amazing 40,000 square foot center include:
- An 8,000 square foot aquatic center featuring; a zero-depth access pool with three 25- yard lap swim lanes, interactive aquatic play structure and a soothing and spacious dry sauna
- Gymnasium with open hours for activities such as basketball, volleyball and pickleball
- Suspended walking track
- A 1,900 square foot fitness center featuring; state of the art cardio and strength equipment, multiple weight machines and free weights and a dedicated group fitness studio for classes or individual workouts
The Executive Director will be responsible for the day to day operations, outcomes and successes of the JLAAC. The successful candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit and act as the general manager of all business operations for the center, helping to define the strategy and execution of programs ensuring the center’s mission is achieved. The Executive Director will also play a key role in the continued fundraising efforts for the center.
- Carrying out and ensuring robust processes are in place for program planning, development, implementation and evaluation of all center programing.
- Establish programs aligned with the mission and goals of the center based on annual assessment of needs and interests.
- Implement effective metrics which monitor program effectiveness.
- Establish and manage annual operating plan and deliver against objectives.
- Strategically recruit, select and manage center staff and volunteers.
- Manage partner relationships, including RFP process, assessment, selection, contract negotiations.
- Maintain a strong relationship with the public, civic groups and local businesses.
- Develop and administer policies and procedures for respective areas; prepare written program evaluations; maintain complete and accurate records and documentation on all programs and activities.
- Manage day-to-day operations of the center, including programming, events, classes and team/volunteer scheduling.
- Oversee development of all marketing and promotional activities.
- Design comprehensive plans to enhance the user-experience and drive enhanced utilization.
- Promote, market and monitor the public relations for the Center by acting as liaison between the Center and the Region.
- Coordinate all planned preventative maintenance projects and assist with all unplanned maintenance events.
- Performs other duties as needed or assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 8 to 10 years of leadership experience in community center leadership, or equivalent business leadership experience
- Experience in community relations
- Ability to influence decision makers and work with internal and external parties
- Past vendor management experience
- Strong interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build effective relationships/partnerships
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies
- Prior fundraising and/or nonprofit experience preferred
- Prior experience working with a Board of Directors preferred
EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V
VEVRAA Federal Contractor