Membership Dues Technician
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Under the direction of the Director of Policy Research and Outreach, the Membership Dues Technician provides for the standardization in the collection, processing and retention of pertinent membership data for Education Minnesota utilizing a comprehensive database/reporting system comprised of several subsystems designed to handle specific areas of information. Membership Dues Technicians both process and verify membership data for Education Minnesota.
MAJOR FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and maintain individual membership records for each local/affiliate. Process the appropriate national and state dues obligation for each local/affiliate.
- Organize, review, interpret and process membership applications and rosters making judgments regarding effective dates and appropriate membership levels, and communicate with local/affiliate leaders and field staff as needed.
- Maintain accuracy in all data entry.
- Process, post and reconcile funds receivable for each local/affiliate following a detailed protocol.
- Create and maintain leadership records for each local/affiliate.
- Maintain and audit membership records, which include pre K-12, higher education, student, retired, reserve, substitute and associate.
- Produce rosters, reports and extracts through the membership database. Author custom reports for Education Minnesota and local/affiliates.
- Provide verbal and written assistance to leaders, members and staff for inquiries regarding membership processing and dues accounting.
- Prepare roster and membership material mailings to local/affiliates.
- Assist in the advancement of racial equity initiatives within the organization.
- Provide back-up support to other staff and/or reception relief as directed.
- Perform routine office duties and other job related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications with emphasis on: Excel, Access, Word, and Outlook at an intermediate level
- Attention to detail/accuracy and ability to follow detailed protocols for processing membership and financial data
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and work independently with minimal supervision in accomplishing objectives, goals, and meeting numerous deadlines
- Basic understanding of database infrastructure, protocols, and the importance of maintaining database integrity
- Problem solving skills
- Knowledge of basic accounting functions and reconciliation procedures
- Ability to understand and effectively carry out complex oral and written directives
- Ability to prepare written correspondence and procedures
- Ability to consistently perform under the pressure of a heavy workload and tight deadlines
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent listening skills
- High school diploma or GED
- Three (3) years administrative support experience.
- Intermediate level proficiency in MS Office Suite of products (Outlook, Excel, Word, Access, Publisher, PowerPoint).
- Associates degree in business or closely related field.
- Experience using CVENT
Education Minnesota leaders, members, school district staff, vendors, staff from the AFT, AFL-CIO, NEA and the general public.
REQUIRES THE USE OF TOOLS/MACHINES:
Computer, Printer, telephone, copier, FAX machine, and adding machine.
Willingness to work overtime and travel on a limited basis as needed (including nights and weekends).
Work is in a general office environment. Employee is required to: talk and hear; have color vision, frequently stand, walk and repetitively use hands dexterously (use fingers to handle, feel), reach with hands and arms, bend and physically lift and carry up to 40 pounds; occasionally lift up to 75 pounds and infrequently travel by various conveyances (e.g., air, rail, auto).
- Some after-hours work (evenings and weekends) and occasional travel with overnight stays may be required.
- Maintain confidential information as applicable.
EDUCATION MINNESOTA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Education Minnesota is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where diversity is valued, supported and celebrated to benefit applicants, employees, members and students. All employment decisions are based on qualifications; merit and business need with preference given to people of color.
POSTING DEADLINE: For best consideration, apply online and include a resume. Posting is open until midnight of Friday, June 20, 2019
Please click this link to apply: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=faa82ad6-58ce-4071-80c8-3e481e725e0a&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=295506&source=CC3&lang=en_US