Sous Chef - Banquets
Days: Based on qualifications
Hiring rate or hiring range: Based on qualifications
Do you like doing something different every day? Do you like to train, coach and mentor others? Then this position is for you. Our Banquet Sous Chefs play an important role in the success of our hospitality endevours. We can do anything from a small intimate shower in one of the hotel suites to a full out conference. We also prepare anything from a box lunch to a 7 course meal. We make our guest experience one they will never forget!
Manages culinary operation of outlet for assigned shift. Prepares and directs staff in the preparation of food products according to department standards. Supports culinary operation in providing high quality food that enhances the guest's dining experience which drives repeat business.
- Prepares and assists in the preparation of food products.
- Interviews, selects, hires, and promotes team members; plans training and development in conjunction with Human Resources Development, and completes performance appraisals, disciplinary actions and terminations.
- Manages culinary operations of outlet for assigned shift.
- Ensures quality and consistency of food products.
- Ensures proper sanitation of all equipment.
- Ensures compliance with all prescribed food and safety standards.
- Conducts taste tests to ensure quality and consistency.
- Occasional Tasks
- Any combination of culinary education and/or cooking experience to equal five years. (Banquet experience preferred.)
- Ability to read, write, and speak English clearly.
- Basic knowledge of sanitation practices, quality control, recipe interpretation and prep duties.
- Must pass Cook I test.
- Must complete formal tasting audition.
- Basic knowledge of computer keyboard for simple data entry or information retrieval.