We seek an experienced full-time Production Editor. This in-house position is responsible for ensuring that designed pages, related copy, and promotional materials meet editorial and production standards. In this position, you will perform proofreading of books, catalogs, and publicity materials. You will also review design and layout of typeset pages, conduct final fact-checks, and schedule and oversee freelance copyeditors, proofreaders, and indexers. The ideal candidate will also be able to index catalogs and copyedit manuscripts. You need to be able to meet strict deadlines in a creative, fast-paced environment. This full-time position is eligible for benefits.
Required Education and Skills
- B.A. degree in English or related field
- Minimum 2–3 years of experience book proofreading and copyediting
- Knowledge and use of The Chicago Manual of Style
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat Pro markup tools and general computer software and database experience
To apply, send cover letter, résumé, and salary requirements to Free Spirit Publishing Inc., Attn: Human Resources, 6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 100, Minneapolis, MN. Or email materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.