Scrum Master (2019 Top Workplace)
Genesis10, a 2019 Top Workplace, is seeking a Scrum Master for a contract position with our client in Eagan, MN.
- Lead 1 mature Agile/Scrum software delivery team supporting a complex healthcare claims-processing application to support ongoing automation and enhancement efforts.
- Act as the liaison Product Ownership, PMO, External Client and the Development/Implementation Team.
- Responsible for facilitating Scrum ceremonies, sprint planning and JIRA board.
- Servant Leader; remove barriers and impediments for the Development (Scrum) team.
- Assist with testing the acceptance criteria. Follow up with external clients where testing is needed, etc.
- Work with the Product Owner to define the product by identifying requirements and thinking critically about what will make it successful; write user stories that effectively communicate the Product Owner's requirements and that are easily consumed by software development teams
- Attend and lead meetings; provide project status reporting to management; assist with testing scenarios, and validate results
- Prepare and deliver client presentations and work products/prototypes
- Properly manages the backlog and aids the team in determining suitable commitments for product backlog items and sprints
- Leader and facilitator of team meetings, daily stand-up meetings, scrum ceremonies, team decision-making and team maturity
- Manages the velocity and conducts burn-down analysis, supplying accurate project estimates to the project manager
- Protects the team from interruptions and overcome obstacles
- Foster close cooperation across all team member, address team dynamics, resolves conflict and resource constraints
- Creates a positive and active communication channel with the team and all stakeholders
- 5-10+ years of experience as a Scrum Master (mid to senior level); NOT an Agile Coach
- Proficient with tools such as Jira or Confluence
- Experience in all phases of product, software, and testing lifecycles
- Healthcare claims processing knowledge – nice to have
- SQL for doing basic queries; will not be doing coding
- Prior experience as a Developer, Technical Lead, BSA or QA may be more beneficial than a Project Manager
- Able to serve as a liaison between both business and technical teams to drive effective, timely solutions that fulfill both strategic and operational needs
- Experience leading all Agile ceremonies including: sprint planning, review, demo, and stand-up sessions
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other related technical field
- Does not currently or in the future require sponsorship to work in the United States
If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, click here to apply today!
Genesis10 provides access to career opportunities with over 40 clients in the Twin Cities. As the #3 ranked firm for Business and IT consulting in Minnesota, we offer a variety of opportunities whether you are looking for contract, contract-to-hire, or permanent positions. Let's connect today!
Benefits of Working with Genesis10:
• Medical and dental insurance available- including HSA
• Bi-weekly payroll
• Established consultant re-marketing program with our 50+ local clients!
• 401k plan
• Downtown Minneapolis/St. Paul parking allowance
• Delivery Director for employee success and support
• Referral program with the opportunity to earn additional income