Liquor Store Customer Service Representative (part-time)
Status: Ongoing part-time position
Hours: Typically up to 20 hours per week. Must have availability to work evenings, weekends and holidays and to start week day shifts by 5:00 p.m.
Salary: Starts at $11.00 to $13.00 per hour (depending upon qualifications)
Benefits: Does not qualify for City benefits
Location: One of the three liquor store locations
Store 1: Prairie Village Mall, 16508 W 78th Street (near Kowalski's)
Store 2: 8018 Den Roads (Near Cub Foods)
Store 3: Prairie View Mall, 968 Prairie Center Drive (near Lund's & Byerly's)
Reporting Relationship: Reports to Liquor Store ManagerLiquor Operations
The Liquor Store Operations generate nearly $12 million in sales annually providing about $1 million in profits that go back to the City. The operations strive to provide exceptional customer service which includes controlling the sale of alcoholic beverages and serving as a knowledgeable resource for the products that we sell. The profits generated by the liquor stores are used to fund several City projects including the pavement management program, facility maintenance and replacement of playground equipment.Position Responsibilities
The Liquor Store Customer Service Representative supports the overall liquor store operations by creating an enjoyable shopping experience for our customers by educating customers on products and merchandise and earning profits that go back to the community. The primary position responsibilities and areas of impact are:
- Provides a pleasant shopping experience by welcoming customers in the store, researching and answering questions related to products and merchandise.
- Ensures customers have a positive purchasing experience by educating customers on products and merchandise so buyers can make an informed decision, understanding what product is available and researching alternative products as necessary.
- Creates smooth transactions for customers by following all policies, procedures and laws related to liquor store procedures (i.e. selling liquor to individuals that are 21 years of age and older, etc.) in a seamless and effective fashion.
- Fosters a constructive environment for shoppers to view and purchase items by positioning product on shelves and shifting merchandise to an appealing location. Assisting with unloading large delivery trucks and taking inventory.
- Maintains the store’s presentation is held to a high standard by cleaning the floor, shelves and backroom.
While these areas are the primary focus of the position, we believe strongly in teamwork and employees will be called upon to perform a variety of duties as a part of their role with the City.Position Requirements
Education: High school diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.) required.
Work Experience: Previous work experience in retail, service and liquor industry preferred.
Technical Skills: Ability to reconcile cash and receipts, obtain knowledge of cash register and point-of-sale procedures and increase product knowledge in order to better assist customers required.
Physical Requirements: This position requires the ability to lift/pull/push/move/carry up to 50 lbs on a regular basis. The ability to bend/stand/reach is also required.City Expectations
All employees are expected to contribute to the success of our organization by demonstrating the shared expectations: Customer Focus, Flexibility, Initiative, Results Orientation, Public Stewardship, and Teamwork.Position Specific Expectations
Communication: Able to convey a message to get a point across; communicates in a clear and concise manner; able to write clearly and succinctly; tailors message to a variety of communication settings and styles.
Attention to Detail: Able to find errors in work and solve problems; proofreads materials and makes necessary revisions before viewed by recipients; anticipates issues and performs at a high level of accuracy; sets up systems to ensure errors are not repeated.
Accountability: Follows through on commitments; focuses on appropriate tasks throughout the shift; takes responsibilities for actions both as an individual and on behalf of the organization; actions and words are in sync; follows all policies and procedures; maintains confidentiality; is prepared and punctual to all scheduled shifts.
Sound Judgment: Able to make a decision based on the right mixture of facts; determines a course of action after weighing and analyzing different options.City of Eden Prairie Pre-Employment Process
The City of Eden Prairie conducts the following pre-employment checks for this position:
- Work History & Professional References
- Criminal History
**All final candidates must successfully complete and pass the City's evaluation of the pre-employment process before their first day of employment with the City.City of Eden Prairie Application Process
Application Deadline: July 26, 2019
Interviews: July 2019
Pre-Employment Process: Following Interview (if selected)
Start Date: Following Pre-Employment Process