Part Time Assistant Men’s and Women’s Swim Coach
Part Time Assistant Men's and Women's Swim Coach
Posted Date 2 months ago(5/23/2019 10:07 AM)
Number of Openings 1
Closing Date Open until Filled
Type of Search Staff
Who May Apply This position is open to all qualified applicants.
Position Number 2019-4114
FLSA Status Non-Exempt/Hourly
Employment Type Coach
Benefits Eligible No
The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for a Part Time Men's and Women's Swim Coach within the Athletics department.
The University of St. Thomas embraces diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity for all. Our convictions of dignity, diversity and personal attention call us to embody and champion a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. We welcome applicants of diverse races, ethnicities, geographic origins, gender identities, ages, socioeconomic backgrounds, sexual orientations, religions, work experience, physical and intellectual abilities, and financial means. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. This commitment is consistent with our mission to inspire our students, using the Catholic intellectual tradition, to think critically, work skillfully, and act wisely – all for the common good. A successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission.
This position is responsible for, but not limited to: implementation of training program, coaching, recruitment, travel, skill development of student athletes and meet/ practice planning. Specific emphasis on daily administrative duties as assigned by head coach. Position will act as primary back-up for head coach in his/her absence.
This is a contract position and is not benefits eligible.
- Teaching individual skill development and technique
- Recruitment of student-athletes, including travel, data base management, coordination of overnight visits and create calling lists
- Organize, administer and demonstrate aspects of team practice – training group management and use of underwater video equipment
- Assist in practice/daily team workouts and meet strategy
- Daily administrative duties for all aspects of the program
- Other duties as assigned by head coach
- Bachelor's degree masters preferred
- 3 years of relevant sport experience
- Experience playing and/or coaching and recruiting at the collegiate level
- Master's degree
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations
HOW TO APPLY
On the University of St. Thomas Jobs page, follow the instructions to complete an online application which includes uploading a resume and copy/pasting a job specific cover letter.
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with the University of St. Thomas requires consent and successful completion of a background screening.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website at www.stthomas.edu/jobs.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer