Drafter / Estimator
Inginaire is seeking a Drafter / Estimator for our client in Maple Grove, MN. This is a direct hire opportunity starting as soon as possible.
- Draft accurate shop drawings in CAD, based on each projects architectural plans and specs, existing conditions, field measurements, information supplied in Sales Hand-off meeting, your past experience and knowledge and collaboration with Project Manager.
- Review Architectural Drawings, Specifications and any other construction documents.
- Assist in all field measurement.
- Compare Architectural Drawings to actual field conditions.
- Contribute to the designing of shop drawings for all types of projects.
- Incorporate "red-line" comments as necessary.
- Complete as-built drawings as required.
- Maintain an organized system for storing shop drawings, and architectural drawings and specifications for future reference.
- Secure and store architect/G.C. approved, stamped shop drawings
- Utilize various mediums that identify projects that are requesting bids.
- Maintain your Salesman Project List, noting all projects you are currently bidding or working on. Review projects with President as required.
- Thoroughly review and understand all aspects of the bid documents, architectural plans, specifications, existing conditions and the entire scope of work, for each project you are working on.
- Contact architect or client to clarify all ambiguous items relative to the work you are bidding.
- Conduct an accurate take-off based on architectural plans, specifications and all related bid documents.
- Develop relationships with suppliers, subcontractors and potential partners that may be involved with providing services, products and pricing for potential projects.
- Solicit quotes from multiple subcontractors and suppliers and evaluate quotes based on more than just price.
- Review all quotes from subcontractors and suppliers for completeness and for any discrepancies relative to the bid documents and your quote request.
- Conduct a Sales Hand-off meeting with Sr. Project Manager & Project Coordinator as soon as possible after receiving official notification of being awarded a project from client, Review all pertinent information, noting any unique items related to each project.
- Provide assistance to Project Coordinator or Project Manager in clarifying bid documents, quotes from subcontractors or suppliers, or reviewing any pre-award conversations if requested.
- Provide an organized folder of all information relative to each project. This folder must include a Contract, LOI or some official document from client indicating the awarding of a project. It should also include our formal quote with a quoted amount that matches the Contract, a Worksheet with a total that matches the quote, and all back up quotes from suppliers and subcontractors, and/or your personal estimates, which match each line item on the Worksheet.
- Seek out information on new products, regulations, building codes, means and methods which may provide new opportunities or which may affect the cost of performing our work.
- Proficiency in CAD 2015 software.
- Organized and efficient.
- Ability to communicate with a broad range of individuals.
- Thorough understanding of construction documents and plans.
- Knowledge of general construction techniques.
- Strong Math and Writing Skills
- Ability to create mental models in 2-D and 3-D.