Biomass Processing Assistant Manager
5 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Days: $58,150 - $65,419 based on qualifications
Hiring rate or hiring range: $58,150 - $65,419 based on qualifications
Provide direction and leadership to team while operating and maintaining heavy, motorized equipment used in earth moving, composting and fuel processing operations in a safe and efficient manner.
Assist the Organics Recycling and Biomass Processing Manager in preparing the facility's annual operating and capital budgets.
- Assists in planning, coordinating daily services and operations of the Organics Recycling Facility (ORF) and Koda Dryer , to include weighing, mixing, moving and manipulating organic materials. Provides daily direction and leadership to team in composting and dryer operations and duties. Inspects composting site to ensure safety procedures are being followed.
- Supervise operation of multiple pieces of heavy equipment and ensure a safe operating environment. Manage staff and daily operations including scheduling, training, maintenance, and troubleshooting for both on site and off site operations.
- Participate in contract review and securing the services of vendors, contractors and suppliers.
- Assist in interviewing, selecting, hireing, and promoteing employees, including training, development, performance management, and supervisory actions as needed..
- Participates in annual budget planning and tracks status of budget throughout the year.
- High school graduate with math proficiency, along with course from the Midwestern Compost School or an equivalent class that includes best management practices for compost site operations with proof of a passing score on the proficiency test.
- Four years of experience in solid waste management, composting, or related field.
- Experience both operating and overseeing operation of all equipment relevant to the operation of an organics recycling facility including front-end loaders, skid steers, track loaders, grinders, mixers, screeners, tractors, and trucks
- Experience directing and performing routine maintenance on heavy equipment including daily maintenance, walk-around check, etc. Mechanical background preferred but not required
- Valid driver's license with a good driving record
- Proficiency with Microsoft software products
- Ability to speak and read English
- Good customer relation skills and ability to follow directions in a team environment
- On feet or standing 20% of shift
- Outside work 20% fo time
- Exposure to fumes and odors
- Adverse working conditions including heat, rain, cold, insects, dusts, odors, etc.