Assistant Professor of Physics
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF PHYSICS, #00010792
OPENING DATE: 06/19/2019
CLOSING DATE: 07/12/2019
STARTING DATE: 08/19/2019
COMPENSATION: Nine month full-time tenure track position. Minimum starting salary $46,750, based on experience and education. Paid health insurance, life insurance, retirement, employee tuition waiver, spouse/dependent tuition discount. Click here for full employee benefits.
SUMMARY OF POSITION: Responsibilities include algebra-based and calculus-based physics and astronomy classes as well as student advising, record keeping, submitting grades by the established deadline, committee work, and other duties as assigned by the Department Chair and/or the Dean of Humanities, Arts, & Sciences.
- Master's degree in Physics or Master’s degree in a related field with at least 18 graduate credits in Physics.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience teaching with technology and a willingness to explore new course delivery methods.
- Good computer software skills - Microsoft Office, email and Outlook calendar – and strong internet familiarity
- Ability to articulate and support the community college philosophy with a strong commitment to teaching and learning in a community college setting.
- Ability to work cooperatively with diverse groups.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Higher education teaching experience in both traditional and online environments.
- Experience with non-traditional teaching methods such as facilitating group work, use of inquiry-based and other active learning pedagogies, and/or contextualized instruction.
- Qualifications allowing applicant to teach in another Liberal Arts area.
- Experience with a variety of teaching resources, media and technologies, including computer-aided instruction and/or online instruction technologies.
APPLICATION INFORMATION & DEADLINE:
Completed applications must be fully submitted by 5:00 pm on July 12, 2019
To apply, click the Apply button at the top of the page. To be considered by the search committee, applications must include: online application and upload a cover letter, resume, statement of teaching philosophy, three letters of reference, and copies of transcripts (undergraduate and graduate). Paper applications will not be accepted. (NOTE: Incomplete files will NOT be considered.)
For more information or assistance contact: Human Resources (701) 224-5531. This position requires a criminal history record check.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Human Resources*Meadowlark Building*PO Box 5587*1700 Schafer St.*Bismarck, ND 58506-5587
701-224-5531*800-366-6888 (TTY Relay ND)
North Dakota Veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a DD-214 and if claiming disabled status, a current letter of disability from the VA dated within the last 12 months.
BSC determines employment eligibility through the E-Verify system.
It is generally not BSC's policy to accept a candidate who lacks permanent authorization to work in the U.S.