Minnesota Head Start Association (MHSA) is seeking an experienced Executive Director to lead the Head Start/Early Head Start Community in Minnesota
As the Executive Director you will:
- Represent a statewide leadership role
- Provide oversight and management of the day to day operation of the Association
- Represent MHSA to State, Federal and Regional agencies while supporting and facilitating the vision and goals set forth under the direction of the MHSA Board of Directors
- Provide leadership to/for the MHSA community while supporting the mission of the Association
- Advocate for low income families and inspire high standards of service for young children by providing innovative leadership and programs to help children, families and communities to reach their full potential
- Develop and implement Association work plan and budget and adhere to administrative and fiscal management
- Work cooperatively with the Board to develop and implement strategic plans
- Provide regular communication with members throughout the State of Minnesota
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with key stakeholders, including local, national and regional partners
- Assume leadership for increasing public awareness and understanding of the role of Minnesota Head Start and the role of the Association
- Passion for supporting at-risk populations
- Local and National Advocacy experience preferred
- Strong aptitude for verbal and written communication, presentation, and relationship development
- Excellent problem solving, analytical skills and professional judgement
- Demonstrated organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects and tasks
- Flexible and adaptable to changing landscape for children and families
- Experience with event planning
- Knowledge of technology use and applications
- Outstanding leadership abilities
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement successful strategic plans
- Knowledge of best practices in management of programs service children and families
- Proactive, self-directed, able to work both independently and in collaboration with others
This position is a contractual position supervised by the MHSA Board of Directors. First year contract is for $85,000; additional compensation may be available through grant-related projects.
For additional information including full job description, MHSA mission statement, MHSA strategic plan, and resume’ format requirements contact Kraig Gratke at (320) 679-1800 ext. 138 or email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations made upon request. Minorities, women, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Minnesota Head Start Association is an equal opportunity employer.
All applicants are required to submit a resume’ to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline is July 29, 2019 at 4:30 p.m.