Application Deadline: July 29, 2019
Anticipated Start Date: August 1, 2019
The Staff Accountant works as a member of the organization’s grants team to administer $40 million annually in local, state, and Federal grants. The position supports the organization’s mission by linking core business functions to the organization’s grant-funded projects.
The Staff Accountant is responsible for post-award grant administration and related project accounting. This position provides internal support and accounting functions to project managers for the organization’s government grants and cooperative agreements.
Pheasants Forever national office in White Bear Lake, MN
- Track progress toward financial and performance goals. Analyze, interpret, and disseminate data to evaluate progress.
- Review, approve, and allocate expenditures to supporting cost centers. Provide internal reports and guidance to project staff and management.
- Work closely with project staff to prepare periodic reports to grantors.
- Reconcile project financial data to the organization’s accounting systems.
- Assist others in the Public Finance and Accounting Departments with special projects, annual audit, and other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Familiarity with GAAP, financial operations, laws, and terminology
- Organization, attention to detail, and follow through
- Deadline-driven with
Training and Experience Guideline:
Bachelor’s degree in accounting. Experience in project, grant accounting, and government accounting preferred.
Salary: $50,000 - $55,000 per year depending on experience + Health Benefits and Retirement Package
To Apply: Visit our website at: www.pheasantsforever.org/jobs
ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED. Please combine your cover letter explaining why you would be a good fit for this position, along with your resume, and 3 references into a single Word or PDF file before uploading on the Recruitment website.
Organizational Profile: Pheasants Forever is the nation’s leading upland wildlife habitat conservation organization. The organization impacts more than 1.5 million acres of habitat annually.
Pheasants Forever is an EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled.