To work at Twin Cities PBS (TPT) is to be connected, inspired, educated and supported by the people you work with and by the community around you. We are a collection of technologists, artists, analysts, story-tellers, planners, and creative minds on a common mission: to reach and inspire our community to learn more, see more, BE more. And, you could be part of this team! TPT has an immediate opening within our Information Technology team.
The Application Engineer is responsible for all aspects and technical components of TPT’s CRM environment. This role is responsible for creating and maintaining our data warehouse infrastructure and for architecting and implementing ETL processes that interface with Salesforce and other 3rd party applications that make up our CRM ecosystem. In addition, this individual will collect crucial data to generate business insights, eliminating data roadblocks, and answering challenges for our growing organization. You will work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to influence, champion, and optimize our ability to effectively engage our members and community.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Experience with both technical database systems and marketing campaign management software in order to integrate data from all channels across the organization.
- Technical expertise in data modeling, data architecture, application design, system engineering, integration and deployment.
- Creates an Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) / Extract, Load, Transform (ELT) foundation leveraging best practices for continuous improvement, in addition to possessing expert SQL, DDL, and DML knowledge.
- Designs and develops data automations, cleansing, de-duping, enrichment and visualization.
- Develops data policies, standards, guidelines and best practices.
- Builds data warehouses and datasets using software engineering best practices, data management fundamentals, and data storage and security principles.
- Enables a data-driven culture by increasing the accessibility, usability, visualization and quality of our data.
- Identifies, evaluates, and integrates data sources needed to effectively analyze data and resolve issues.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience. Bachelor/Master’s degree in Information Systems, Business Management, or Computer Science.
- Energetic, action-oriented, and self-motivated to help an organization adopt and continually improve our data-driven practices.
- Ability to motivate cross-functional teams without direct authority.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong documentation skills and ability to work independently and take initiative to proactively manage workload. High degree of flexibility and the ability to work in a self-directed environment.
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize and delegate tasks with attention to detail and follow-through. Ability to work at a computer for prolonged periods of time. Ability for on call support as needed.
If you possess the necessary qualifications, please visit our Career Center at http://www.tpt.org/careers/job-openings/ to apply online.
Twin Cities Public Television is proud to be an Affirmative Action / Equal Employment Opportunity / Veteran / Disability employer.