Marketing Manager - SMSC
7 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Days: Based on qualifications
Hiring rate or hiring range: Based on qualifications
SMSC Marketing Manager
- Do you thrive in a fun, yet strategic environment? Are you able to inspire others and be tactical in your approach while executing the smallest of details with excellence and a positive attitude? SMSC Marketing is a full-service marketing department with an agency feel that supports a variety of external and internal clients such as fitness, grocery, golf, retail, cultural programs, health and wellness initiatives, and government to government relations.
- The Marketing Manager directly oversees the creative services team which is comprised of a team of twelve to include graphic designers, multimedia specialists, print shop coordinators and marketing coordinator while keeping in mind other members of the marketing team.
- Qualified candidates will be fluent in their understanding of the strategies and tactics of the marketing eco system to include traditional and digital formats.
- Must possess advanced project management skills along with the ability to multi task various simultaneous projects at once and effectively communicate internally and externally.
Provide support for SMSC tribal operations to include, but not limited to retail, grocery, fitness, golf in addition to cultural programs and events along with governmental relations with other agencies.
The Marketing Manager directly oversees the creative services team which is comprised of a team of twelve to include graphic designers, multimedia specialists, print shop coordinators and marketing coordinator while keeping in mind other members of the marketing team.
Manage campaigns to support optimal message effectiveness and overall brand synergy. Facilitates conceptualizing and development of all creative aspects of marketing materials for all Community enterprise efforts including, but not limited to, print, outdoor, signage, broadcast and direct mail.
Manages the development of media plans and communication strategies for property advertising with both in-house staff and external agencies. Negotiates and orders print and out-of-home media, coordinates broadcast media buys with outside service and/or independently.
Effectively collaborates with internal and external teams while proactively plan for positive outcomes with measurable results. Build rapport with the SMSC Marketing team, Enterprises, and Departments to support their respective missions and goals, ensuring consistency in brand, voice and user experience across all mediums.
Assists in preparing and maintaining the budget for traditional marketing to include but not limited to negotiating and coordinating advertising, media buying and creative projects. Reports monthly variances and submits supporting documentation on departmental activity.
Assists in tracking and reporting on marketing promotions and events.
- Develops overall communication strategies and media plans for all property initiatives. Oversees relationship with external media or other related agencies/services. Negotiates overall media contract rates in conjunction with Director of Marketing. Establishes mutually beneficial vendor relationships.
- Manages advertising expenditures. Recommends allocation of budget resources based on needs and strategies, ensures execution of all advertising, and reconciles final billing to cost estimates.
- Provide direction and insight to creative team to maintain the integrity of the brand across multiple media platforms and ensure the execution aligns with the overall marketing strategy. Facilitates development of all creative aspects of marketing materials including, but not limited to, print, outdoor, collateral/signage, broadcast and direct mail. Ensure a creative yet consistent look and feel that adheres to and supports the brand, visual identity, legal guidelines, and messaging.
- Leads project production from inception to completion including setting and maintaining deadlines and turn-around times, researching and recommending print production formats (including but not limited to: paper styles/sizes, displays, product/publication specifications and art requirements, vendor capabilities and large format print opportunities). Approves and assures production quality for all mediums.
- Acts as a liaison between Marketing Division and other departments and enterprises on marketing/communication related projects.
- Establishes timelines and assigns specific tasks for all projects and communicates assignments to appropriate staff. Monitors and adjusts project work flow as needed based on priorities and resources.
- Maintains integrity in the usage of logo and copyrighted materials for property.
- Interviews, selects, hires, promotes, trains, and develops team members. Completes performance appraisals, disciplinary action, and terminations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements: Job Requirements:
- Must meet one of the following criteria:
- A four-year degree in marketing, mass communications or related field
- A two year degree in marketing, mass communications or related field plus two years' experience in marketing.
- Minimum of four years direct or indirect supervisory experience.
- Minimum two years' experience in graphic design.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite CC (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
- Ability to think creatively in order to design and develop advertising layouts and copy.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access) in both Mac and PC environments.
- Must have a strong marketing acumen which includes but not limited to designing, executing and maintaining all traditional and digital marketing efforts.
- Experience in leading successful cross-functional teams, achieving on-time goals and maintain budget levels.
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong skills in analytics, problem solving, negotiating, organizing and time management
- Valid driver's license may be required with good driving record.
- Ability to work over 40hours in a week as client commitment required
- Preferred Qualifications include base to intermediate proficiency in Digital Marketing