Marketing Manager: Programming & Events
Hope Chest for Breast Cancer Foundation (HCBCF) seeks a dynamic, self-starter to create and execute the marketing, communications, event and programming efforts of HCBCF. This role is responsible for developing, implementing, and overseeing new and existing annual fundraising events including our annual signature event, Fillies Race for Hope. In addition to annual events, HCBCF works with partners across Minnesota to create and host 3rd party fundraising programs and events. You will be responsible for developing and executing marketing strategies to support the growth and evolution of these programs. Finally, you will drive the creation and fulfillment for the marketing function at HCBCF. This includes creation and distribution of press releases, obtaining on air appearances, development and execution of social media, development of marketing materials, and oversight for our website. This position is an excellent opportunity to leverage and grow your marketing savvy while working for a well-known, community based nonprofit organization.
Job Details: This is a full-time exempt level position with benefits. The Foundation Office is located in Orono.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for development and implementation of marketing and promotion plans to support HCBCF, its events, and 3rd party programs
- Coordinate marketing plans with partners for Third Party events
- Create promotional materials for Third Party and HCBCF events including signage, posters, brochures, sponsorship and event recap decks
- Create marketing materials in support of patient grant program, donor campaigns
- Working with the Executive Director, co-create and then execute HCBCF brand awareness strategy and tactics
- Work hand in hand with the development manager to develop and ensure fulfillment of marketing elements of donor engagement strategy
- Negotiate and secure media buys as applicable
- Responsible for Hope Chest social media accounts including Facebook and Instagram
- Develop content and manage online presence
- Write and distribute press releases
- Secure on-air appearances and other earned media
• Co-develop new fundraising events working with the Executive Director, board and others as appropriate
• Identify, manage and coordinate event details for Third Party events and HCBCF events
• Create and implement ticket sales strategy to achieve specified ticket sales goals.
• Working in collaboration with the Auction committee, drive the procurement of Live and Silent Auction donations
• Recruit, train volunteers and serve as liaison for event day volunteers and volunteer committee
• Coordinate set-up, manage on-site presence and execute clean-up on event day(s)
• Track and execute budget expenses.
• Track ticket sales, sponsorships, and auction donations.
· Manages all strategic aspects of 3rd party/affiliate partnerships to maximize ROI
• Managing external partnerships end-to-end
· Innovate and secure new partner programs
• Four-year degree
• 2+ years’ creating & managing special event, event ticket sales, and marketing/communications required.
• 2+ years’ experience working with CRM’s, email marketing platforms, and be able to produce and analyze reports
• Demonstrated history of activating on emerging media trends, including social media and digital marketing
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Superior problem-solving skills
• Good negotiation skills
• Ability to work independently and as a part of a motivated team
• Strong time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines
• Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks and projects at one time while balancing shifting priorities
• Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
• Basic knowledge of WordPress, Squarespace, or other commercial website platform
• Working knowledge of electronic event planning/ticketing software.
•Familiarity with creating and managing 3rd party/affiliate programs
• Strong interest in non-profit and a passion for our mission
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• Normal office setting with lifting up to 25 lbs required.
• Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time on occasion. ability to work outside normal business hours
Our Orono office is a casual, yet professional environment. In our team setting, we value a pitch-in spirit to get the job done. If this position sounds like the environment you are seeking please click Apply now to send a copy of your resume by August 9, including cover letter.
Apply for Marketing Manager: Programming & Events
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly