Reporting to and in partnership with the Executive Director (ED), the Development Officer will spearhead development efforts as Hope Chest for Breast Cancer Foundation continues to grow. A new position in the organization, the Director will have the opportunity to build the development function. Primary responsibilities include procuring major gifts and driving the HCBCF annual giving programs and funding appeals. This position will work independently, closely with board members, the community, healthcare partners and others to identify and qualify new prospects, and actively cultivate, solicit, and steward major gift donors and a broad base of annual individual donors. Working with Executive leadership and the board, they will lead development and execution for a new planned giving strategy.
- Works with the Executive Director and finance to set contributed income goals for HCBCF overseeing and carrying out all HCBCF individual donor specific fundraising activities. Working with marketing/event leadership on communication and marketing activities for coordinate annual marketing campaigns, donor engagement/drip marketing efforts.
- Creates and maintains a personal annual portfolio of 150 individual and corporate prospects and donors. Donor strategies include identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of prospects and donors via one-on-one meetings, telephone conversations, written correspondence, and emails.
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations (excluding sponsorships for event, third party or affiliate marketing relationships or major grant solicitation).
- Create and execute a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors for annual fund/annual campaign giving
- Work in conjunction with the ED to develop a strategy for planned-giving (specifically plans for both life-income based giving and separately asset based, and bequest/beneficiary gifts), then create & manage the go-to-market strategy, implementation, management and growth of the planned gift strategy for Hope Chest.
- Develop and track proposals and reports for all assigned foundation and corporate fundraising
- Works with board members to maximize the portfolio process and build major donor activity in HCBCF with the goal of eventual goal to explore and leverage membership giving levels (i.e. Founders Circle and Circle of Excellence)
- At an appropriate time, lay the groundwork for a young donor’s program
- Along with the ED, develops and sustains a network of broad local support through networking, attending special events, and building relationships with organizations and individuals who can support the work of HCBCF
- Communicates with, recognizes, cultivates, solicits and stewards HCBCF donors.
- Promotes HCBCF in the community through attending events
- BA (required)
- 3-5 years’ experience in donor development, with demonstrable experience in direct major gift solicitation and procurement.
- Communicates effectively through clear speaking, writing, and effective listening
- Strong organizational, computer, and smart-phone skills including extended familiarity with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Solves problems by identifying causes, gathering and processing relevant information, generating possible solutions, making recommendations, and resolving problems
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational skills
- Knowledge of fundraising platform or CRM software required.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and results driven
- Ability to prioritize work and multi-task to meet priorities
- Supports teamwork and collaboration by demonstrating strong interpersonal skills
- Behaves respectfully, ethically and with personal integrity
- Operates in a fiscally responsible manner
Our Orono office is a casual, yet professional environment. In our team setting, we value a pitch-in spirit to get the job done. If you have an interest in joining our team, please click Apply Now to send your resume & cover letter, including salary requirements by August 9..