Case Manager- Behavioral Health Job
At Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota, we are developing industry-leading strategies every day that make a healthy difference in people’s lives. Blue Cross has a legacy of improving health through innovation because we believe that everyone should have the opportunity to live the healthiest life possible. Chartered in 1933 as the state’s first health plan, we’ve been serving the health care needs of Minnesotans for more than 80 years.
Blue Cross supports you with competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package. Many Employee Resource Groups are active in the company, promoting inclusion and helping us meet the diverse needs of our workforce and our members. Join us, and enjoy a work environment where all employees are respected and valued — a workplace honored with a perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index for 2017. Find your place at a company that cares.
The Behavioral Health Coach is a critical component of BCBSMN Integrated Health Management team as the primary clinician providing condition and case management services to members. The position exists to support member needs across the continuum of care by leveraging member partnership, case and disease management processes, skill sets and tools.
- Receives referral and/or reaches out to member and leverages clinical knowledge, motivational interviewing and behavioral modification techniques.
- Conducts comprehensive clinical assessments; gathers, analyzes, synthesizes and prioritizes member needs and opportunities.
- Collaborates and communicates with the health care team; e.g. member, family, designated representative, health care provider on a plan of care that produces positive clinical results and promotes high quality, cost-effective outcomes.
- Identifies relevant BCBSMN and community resources and facilitates warm program and network referrals.
- Monitors and evaluates plan of care over time.
- Ensures member data is documented according to BCBSMN application protocol and regulatory standards.
- Maintains outstanding level of service at all points of customer contact.
- Understands broad–based goals of assigned market segment(s) including clinical and service availability.
- Collaborates and coordinates with team members to facilitate day to day functions and enhance the overall operation of the department.
- Registered Nurse with Psychiatric experience with no restrictions, or Clinician licensed for independent practice with one or more of the following licenses with no restrictions:
- Licensed Marriage and Family Practice (LMFT).
- Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW).
- Licensed Psychologist (LP).
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC).
- Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC).
- 3 years relevant direct clinical experience.
- If not currently CCM, then eligible to prepare for CCM in 3 years in the position.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent conceptual thinking skills.
- Excellent relationship management skills.
- Excellent organizational skill.
- Flexibility to work varied hours.
- Computer application proficiency.
- 1+ years of managed care experience; e.g. case management/health coach, utilization management and/or auditing experience.
- Outstanding telephonic skills.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer that values diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Make a difference
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross. Be part of a company that lets you be you — and make a healthy difference in people’s lives every day
Blue Cross is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer that values diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Blue Cross® and Blue Shield® of Minnesota and Blue Plus® are nonprofit independent licensees of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association