Senior RAN Commissioning
Senior RAN Commissioning
12 Month contract, with the possibility for extension
• Provide solutions for the team.
• Responsible for Commissioning RAN equipment (BTS, BSC and OAM equipment).
• Work and assist other Engineering teams with onsite and remote commissioning of CDMA/LTE RAN equipment.
• Provide guidance customers on integrating, commissioning, and provided onsite support during network cut over for new markets.
• Work on an on-call, 24/7 basis.
• Support Field and RF Engineers with parameters changes, clearing alarms, etc.
• Managing teams with focus on policy and strategy implementation and control rather than development; short-term operational/tactical responsibilities.
• Typically accountable for providing sufficient information for higher autonomy to make recommendations on budget and policies and for medium-term planning.
Common Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Primary back-up for Commissioning Manager. Team will receive direction from Sr. Commissioning Engineer in the absence of the Commissioning Manager
• Lead issues to resolution, while maintaining professionalism in all communications with both internal and external contacts. This included multitasking and driving issues to resolution.
• Applies strong troubleshooting skills and ability to mentor junior engineers.
• Provides timely feedback on process/procedural improvements and operational inefficiencies.
• Completes tasks required to maintain service levels and availability of all site features and function.
• Act as the customer interface and gather technical requirements.
• Attend planning meetings and resolution meeting with customers to meet customer needs or resolve issues.
Background and Experience:
• Bachelor’s in Engineering or related field
• 5 years of experience in the below:
o Prior experience supervising junior engineering staff required.
o Prior experience in commissioning engineering activities required.
o Very knowledgeable of Wireless Network and Mobile Interworking (Core, BSC, RAN or IP) network elements.
• Has responsibility for the operational performance of the department. Directs the resolution of complex operational and organizational problems.
Necessary Skills and Attributes:
• Strong interpersonal skills, ability to take ownership, and the ability to identify and solve problems quickly in a fast-paced environment.
• The ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships with multiples levels within the company and with external contacts.
• Demonstrated English language competency in both oral and written communication modes for both internal and external communications, especially in training of repair technicians’ communications of troubleshooting techniques.
• Work under very little supervision and guidance to identify and ensure achievement of team goals and to complete individual work assignments within established time frames.