Safety Specialist, Marshfield, Wisconsin
Marshfield Clinic Health System (MCHS) is a $2.2 billion integrated health system serving Wisconsin with about 10,000 employees and over 1,200 providers comprising 86 specialties, health plan, and research and education programs. MCHS primary operations include Marshfield Clinic, Marshfield Medical Centers in Marshfield, Eau Claire, Ladysmith, and Rice Lake (formerly Lakeview Medical Center), Marshfield Children's Hospital, Marshfield Clinic Research Institute, Security Health Plan and Marshfield Clinic Health System Foundation.
The Safety Specialist plans, implements, coordinates and assesses safety within the Marshfield Clinic Health System (MCHS). The individual provides injury reduction and loss control consultation including: fire prevention, life safety, workers compensation loss control, and other employee and general safety programs under general direction of the Director of Enterprise Risk Management.
Marshfield Clinic Health System is committed to enriching the lives of others through accessible, affordable compassionate healthcare. Successful applicants will listen, serve and put the needs of patients and customers first.
- Bachelor’s degree in occupational safety, engineering safety or related field
- Two years of experience working in a safety related field
- Experience working with National Fire Protection Association Life Safety codes, Joint Commission, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations and Joint Commission accreditation requirements
- Valid Wisconsin driver’s license and an acceptable driving record
- Experience working with Health and Human Services (Medicare/Medicaid) safety and health regulations preferred
- Certified Safety Professional (Board of Certified Safety Professionals), or Certified Healthcare Safety Professional (International Board for certification of safety managers) or Certified Industrial or Hygienist (American Board of Industrial Hygiene) at time of hire preferred
- One certification must obtain within two years of employment
Working at Marshfield Clinic Health System, you will enjoy the following benefits:
- Low cost of living within clean, safe environments
- Stable communities and short commutes
- Outstanding schools and affordable housing
- Plenty of recreational activities for all four seasons
- Easy access to Chicago, Madison, Milwaukee or Minneapolis/St. Paul
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Generous paid time off
Inquiries can be directed to Beth Westlund, Human Resources at email@example.com
Apply through our career center at:
Search by Keyword: Safety Specialist
Marshfield Health Care System
1000 N. Oak Avenue
Marshfield, WI 54449
Marshfield Clinic Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.