Accounting Specialist (Job# 2019-20)
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Under the direction of the controller, the accounting specialist provides a full range of accounting services, is the primary point of contact for payroll, and supports general clerical function that relate to the operation of the finance department for Education Minnesota.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Processing and posting of payroll
- Preparing monthly journal entries, posting journal entries and cash receipts
- Reconciling and analyzing general ledger accounts and inter-entity accounts
- Compiling and filing internally and externally required reports
- Review and process all vouchers, invoices and check requests
- Code, cost out and prepare journal entries for internal print work orders
- Maintain accounts receivable including cash receipts
- Assign proper account numbers, review for proper authorizations and accuracy of all invoices, expense reports, and check requests
- Assign supplies, postage and printing charges to proper departments or affiliates
- Reconcile monthly postage and printing charges with work orders
- Maintain records of staff travel expenses
- Processing of month-end close financial statements
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to multi-task, organize, prioritize, and work independently in accomplishing objectives, goals, and meeting numerous deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to understand and effectively carry out complex oral and written directives
- Problem solving ability
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision in accomplishing objectives, goals and meeting numerous deadlines
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Highest ethical standards and commitment to confidentiality
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Skilled in the use of accounting and payroll software’s
- Associate’s degree in accounting
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office (Excel and Word)
- Three or more years of experience in payroll, general accounting, accounts payable or accounts receivable
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now payroll software
- Experience with Intacct accounting software
- Certified Payroll Specialist/Professional
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
Work is in a general office environment. Employee is required to: talk and hear; frequently stand, walk and repetitively use hands dexterously (use fingers to handle, feel), reach with hands and arms, bend and physically lift and carry up to 25 pounds; occasionally lift up to 50 pounds and infrequently travel by various conveyances (e.g., air, rail, auto).
- Some occasional travel may be required.
EDUCATION MINNESOTA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Education Minnesota is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where diversity is valued, supported and celebrated to benefit applicants, employees, members and students. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit and business need.
POSTING DEADLINE: For best consideration, apply online and include a resume. Posting is open until 11:59 PM Tuesday, August 27, 2019.
Please click this link to apply: