Biomedical Equipment Technician
Repair, install, maintain, calibrate, and inspect medical equipment and instrumentation using OEM and Company procedures.
- Diagnose and repair medical equipment malfunctions.
- Maintain documentation on all equipment, inspections, and equipment repairs and failures.
- Provide technical assistance and instruction to customers regarding equipment operation and maintenance.
- Evaluate and assesses readiness of equipment sold to customers by conducting tests, recording test results, and following OEM and company procedures.
- Utilize AIMS software program for service orders, record-keeping, and communication with customers.
- Contact customers through, but not limited to, phone calls and email to communicate necessary details about service.
- Maintains biomedical equipment supplies and parts inventory by checking stock, anticipating needs, placing orders, and verifying receipt.
- Engage in technical discussions with customers. Respond to requests from customers for information and address any customer questions/complaints.
- Nurture and maintain current relationships with customers through interpersonal communication both through technology and face to face interaction.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading technical publications.
- Keep informed of new products and testing procedures relevant to the industry.
- Attend company’s registered trade shows, as requested by management.
- Keep management informed of all activity, including timely preparation of reports.
- Documentation Skills
- Analyzing Information
- Clinical Lab Testing
- Equipment Calibration
- Conceptual Skills
- Communication Proficiency
- Organizational Skills
- Technical Capacity
- Personal Effectiveness
Required Education and Experience:
- Biomedical Engineering Degree (2 or 4 year)
- 4 years technical experience in repairing/servicing equipment
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Experience with board level repair
- Experience with Philips or GE medical equipment
- Experience in customer service