PURPOSE OF POSITION: Under the direction of the Field/Human Resources Executive Assistant, the Office Assistant provides a full range of administrative and office support services to the Associate Executive and Executive in the field/human resources departments. This support staff position is responsible for maintaining schedules, coordinate meetings, answering incoming calls, coordinating the work of subcontractors, preparing communications, filing and providing general office support.
MAJOR FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide a full range of administrative support for Education Minnesota’s field programs.
- Provide a full range of administrative support for office logistics and non-confidential program support under human resources.
- Review, prepare, maintain records, code billings and obtain appropriate signatures for expenses, workshops, and various committee and projects.
- Schedule appointments, maintain calendars, note important dates, route correspondence and maintain follow-ups.
- Coordinate and schedule meetings, workshops and events with members and staff; including but not limited to arranging for hotel contracts, registrations, sending meeting notices, room arrangements, catering, preparation of materials, transcribing meeting notes, and all follow-up.
- Provide back-up support to other office staff as directed.
- Answer phones and initiate appropriate follow-up.
- Assist with overall organization and day-to-day functions of the departments.
- Update information in various record-keeping systems.
- Participate in projects, duties, and other administrative tasks assigned by management.
- Assist in the advancement of racial equity initiatives within the organization.
- Perform other duties of a like or similar nature as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Intermediate level proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to function well as a team.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Spelling, grammar and proofreading skills.
- Excellent public relations, telephone and personal skills.
- Ability to work well under deadlines and pressure.
- Ability to understand and effectively carry out complex oral and written directions.
- Record-keeping skills.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and work independently in accomplishing objectives, goals and meeting numerous deadlines.
- High school diploma or GED
- Three (3) years administrative support experience.
- Intermediate level proficiency in MS Office Suite of products (Outlook, Excel, Word,).
- Associates degree in web development or closely related field or a Bachelor’s degree in communications or closely related field.
- Functional knowledge of online database management software such as CVENT (data entry, reports).
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Work is in a general office environment. Employee is required to: talk and hear; have color vision, frequently stand, walk and repetitively use hands dexterously (use fingers to handle, feel), reach with hands and arms, bend and physically lift and carry up to 40 pounds; occasionally lift up to 75 pounds and infrequently travel by various conveyances (e.g., air, rail, auto).
- Some after-hours work (evenings and weekends) and occasional travel with overnight stays may be required.
- Maintain confidential information as applicable.
EDUCATION MINNESOTA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER Education Minnesota is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where diversity is valued, supported and celebrated to benefit applicants, employees, members and students. All employment decisions are based on qualifications; merit and business need with preference given to people of color.
POSTING DEADLINE: For best consideration, apply online and include a resume. Posting is open until midnight of Monday, September 2, 2019
Please click this link to apply: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=faa82ad6-58ce-4071-80c8-3e481e725e0a&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=296919&source=CC3&lang=en_US