Business Intelligence Developer
7 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Business Intelligence Developer
Posted Date 3 weeks ago(8/21/2019 2:11 PM)
Number of Openings 1
Closing Date Open Until Filled
Type of Search Staff
Who May Apply This position is open to all qualified applicants.
Position Number 300655
Department/Unit University Development and Alumni Relations
FLSA Status Exempt/Salaried
Employment Type Full-Time Staff
Assigned Months per Year 12
Benefits Eligible Yes
The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for a Business Intelligence Developer position within the University Development and Alumni Relations Department.
The University of St. Thomas embraces diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity for all. Our convictions of dignity, diversity and personal attention call us to embody and champion a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. We welcome applicants of diverse races, ethnicities, geographic origins, gender identities, ages, socioeconomic backgrounds, sexual orientations, religions, work experience, physical and intellectual abilities, and financial means. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. This commitment is consistent with our mission to inspire our students, using the Catholic intellectual tradition, to think critically, work skillfully, and act wisely – all for the common good. A successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes:
- Up to 100% tuition remission for employees, spouses, and dependents upon eligibility
- A generous Employer retirement contribution of 9.4% of annual salary upon eligibility
- Medical, dental, and vision options
- Employer-paid disability, life, and AD&D benefits
Reporting to the Associate Director of Development Systems, the Business Intelligence Developer is responsible for providing technical, systems and reporting support to all members of University Development and Alumni Relations staff. The Business Intelligence Developer works with internal customers to define and comprehend business needs and to convert these needs to technical solutions and business processes. Technical solutions include system support and constituent data management with tools such as Ellucian Banner Advancement, Salesforce and Blackbaud Fundraising Performance Management. Technical solutions also include departmental reporting using tools such as Cognos, Oracle Application Express, Tableau, and Salesforce.
1. As part of the information technology division of University Development and Alumni Relations (UDAR), the Business Intelligence Developer participates in requirement gathering meetings and works closely with the Associate Director of Development Systems to define reporting solutions including data extraction, transformation rules and logic. Strong SQL and data management experience required.
2. Responsible for creating and delivering reports primarily to UDAR staff including comprehensive status reports for Senior Management, building dashboards, portals and self-service reporting. Also responsible for ad hoc reporting such as extracting segments for events, communication lists and creating files for predictive models.
3. Provides system training and user support for Ellucian Banner Advancement, Blackbaud Fundraising Performance Management tool and Salesforce to the UDAR team. This includes one-on-one training, as well as, group training.
4. Works closely with the Development Systems team, University ITS staff and external vendors for system support including upgrade testing, bug troubleshooting and user support.
5. Works closely with Associate Director of Development Systems to define, develop, test and support Salesforce CRM functionality with the aid of ITS staff.
6. Responsible for data integration of supported applications. This includes creating the necessary programming/scripting to extract and format data and automate the data flow to/from the appropriate platforms. This could include data acquisition via APIs or scripting, to be used for our internal processes.
- B.A./B.S. in computer science, management information systems or a related field
- At least three years of experience working with data management and enterprise systems.
An equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills have been acquired may be substituted.
Knowledge of Oracle based environment and statistical tools (Python, R, Excel, etc.)
Experience with SQL or a similar kind of programming language
Experience with Cognos reporting tool or similar enterprise reporting tools
Experience with Salesforce
HOW TO APPLY
On the University of St. Thomas Jobs page, follow the instructions to complete an online application which includes uploading a resume and copy/pasting a job specific cover letter.
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with the University of St. Thomas requires consent and successful completion of a background screening.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website at www.stthomas.edu/jobs.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer