Application Development Coordinator
Minnkota Power Cooperative is seeking applicants for the position of Application Development Coordinator located in our Grand Forks offices.
The Application Development Coordinator is responsible for assisting in the planning, coordination, execution, control and completion of IT projects, while remaining aligned with strategy, commitments and goals of the organization. Bachelor’s degree in information system, computer science or other related area or equivalent combination of experience and education.
Minnkota Power Cooperative makes career growth and development a priority by creating a challenging and rewarding work environment. For more information regarding this job and our online application go to www.Minnkota.com.
Minnkota Power Cooperative is an EEO/AAP/Female/Minority/Disabled/Vets Employer
- Project Planning and Initiation
- Assist in developing project plans that merge stakeholder requirements with company goals and coordinate with stakeholders and IT development staff during all project phases.
- Organizing, attending and participating in stakeholder meetings.
- Documenting and following up on important actions and decisions from meetings.
- Help define project scope, goals and deliverables
- Help define tasks and required resources
- Create schedule and project timeline
- Project Execution and Monitoring
- Monitor project progress continuously and create scheduled reports on measurable items, such as milestones and deliverables.
- Ensuring projects adhere to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately.
- Assist with quality assurance
- Present to stakeholders reports on progress as well as issues and risks.
- Implement and manage change when necessary to meet project objectives.
- Communicate proactively with all involved staff to provide encouragement, identify issues, create solutions, and implement efficiency improvements.
- Project Closure
- Evaluate and assess result of projects
- Provide assurance that all the work has been completed and all project deliverables are signed off by the stakeholders and/or business units.
- Reviewing and completing all project documentation.
- Assist Development Staff Incident Management.
- Provide assistance with analyzing end user enhancement requests.
- Assist with documenting and prioritizing requests.
- Collaborate with other development and technical staff on issues.
- Action Oriented
- Priority Setting
- Problem Solving
- Process Management
Goals and Objectives
An employee filling this role is expected to meet changing and unique goals and objectives, as established by their supervisor, related to the broader area in which the employee is assigned.
Job Qualification Standards
Education and Training
- Bachelor’s degree in information system, computer science or other related area or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Two or more years’ project management experience in IT preferred.
- Experience working with the Software Development Life Cycle preferred.
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.