Join a 2019 Top Workplace!
Teacher Description Parents In Community Action, Inc. (PICA) is a private, nonprofit agency designated by the federal government to operate Head Start and Early Head Start programs in Minnesota. PICA serves over 2,600 children and families and offers a variety of programs and services.
PICA is currently seeking Head Start Teachers.
Job Title: Head Start Teacher
Job Summary: The Teacher is responsible for planning, implementing and evaluating child development experiences for the enrolled children. This position operates a safe, diverse and developmentally appropriate classroom in accordance with all applicable requirements.
• This is a full-time year round position.
• 13 paid holidays.
• 12 additional PTO days per year.
• Additional paid winter break.
• Meet state and federal licensing requirements for RHS Head Start. Must have at least an AA degree in Early Childhood. BA/MA Preferred.
• Good communication, record keeping, writing and computer skills.
• Experience working in and knowledge of early childhood development.
• Ability to work with people from various ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds. MUST have valid drivers license.
• Interest in working with young children and their families.
Excellent working conditions and benefit package including low cost medical insurance, paid dental/life insurance, sick/annual leave, retirement and education/training opportunities. Occasional evening and weekend work.
Apply online at www.picaheadstart.org or at 700 Humboldt Ave N, Minneapolis, MN 55411. AA/EOE