STEEL RULE DIE MAKER
Larkin Industries Inc is a premier print finishing company located in Saint Paul, MN.
We have an opening on our 1st shift far an experienced Steel Rule Die Maker.
Send Resume To:
Chuck Katz 651-645-6000 Ckatz@larkinind.com
We offer single and family medical and dental insurance.
Short term disability insurance
401k and profit sharing plans
8 paid holiday days
Job Summary: Responsible for total assembly of steel rule dies, stripping forms, and other appliances used in print finishing to comply with company standards and customer satisfaction.
- Reads all instructions and specifications.
- Layout and draw design according to specifications using tools such as Cimex C.A.D. computer program, T-squares, triangles, calipers, pens and rulers.
- Understands how products are assembled, folded, glued, etc. and makes adjustment in design for proper fit and function.
- Cuts materials such as plywood, synthetic materials, and aluminum using table saw, band saw and jigsaws.
- Routing materials on the Gerber.
- Assembles die boards.
- Measures and cuts steel rule to specific length.
- Operates Easy Bender and various hand operated die making tools to process rule.
- Bends steel rule to specified shapes, grinds, and places into die substrate.
- Glues ejection material to die face in specified manner.
- Layout and designs counter boards and stripping boards.
- Adds gluer assists.
- Orders supplies for die making.
- Stores and maintains die supplies.
- Completes all paperwork.
- Tracks time and materials.
- Uses proper tools and safety equipment.
- Performs preventative maintenance.
- Cleans up and helps maintain a neat and orderly work area.
- Attends company meetings.
- Performs other duties as required or requested.
Job Requirements: Good math skills. Comprehensive ability to recognize and visualize geometric shapes and designs. Drafting capabilities using Cimex C.A.D. Ability to read and understand written instructions. Ability to work under pressure to meet customer deadlines. Working knowledge of computers.
Minimum Qualifications: 3 years’ experience as die maker. Must have knowledge in the practices, concepts and procedures that are necessary to perform the job. Pass physical and drug test.