Environmental Engineer or Environmental Specialist
Minnkota Power is seeking qualified candidates for an Environmental Engineer or Environmental Specialist responsible for the solid waste program at the Milton R. Young Station located near Center, ND. The Milton R. Young Station is a two-unit coal-fired power plant, providing a stable energy source for our cooperative member-owners. The station is located 35 miles from Bismarck, North Dakota, a growing and progressive city with many recreational opportunities.
- Perform solid waste/hazardous waste environmental permitting and compliance activities
- Manage Nelson Lake dam safety and inspection program
- Assure adherence to facility permits and associated rules and regulations
- Developing compliance strategies for new environmental regulations
- Communicate environmental objectives to other plant departments
- Participate on project teams
- Manage landfill construction projects
- Provide environmental training to plant personnel
Position requires a Bachelor of Science degree preferably in Civil, Geological, Environmental or Mechanical Engineering. Four-year degree in related fields of science will also be considered. 2-5 years' experience in the utility solid waste program is preferred but not necessary.
Minnkota Power Cooperative makes career growth and development a priority by creating a challenging and rewarding work environment. For more information regarding this job and our online application go to www.Minnkota.com. Resumes will not be accepted without a completed application.
Minnkota Power Cooperative is an EEO/AAP/Female/Minority/Disabled/Vets Employer