Director of Financial Aid
POSITION: Director of Financial Aid (PCN 00749010)
CLASSIFICATION: MnSCU Academic Supervisor 1
STARTING DATE: Approximately November 1, 2019
APPOINTMENT: Full-Time Unlimited
SALARY RANGE: $24.79-$35.91/hour ($51,762-$74,980/annual)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: To receive guaranteed consideration, application materials should be submitted online by September 27, 2019. The search will remain open until the position is filled.
- Plan, organize, and administer financial aid programs and the financial aid office.
- Develop and implement financial aid policies and procedures that are fair and in compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Administer the financial aid programs in a timely manner that enhances the college's ability to recruit and retain eligible students.
- Manage federal, state, and institutional reporting requirements.
- Communicate with federal and state offices regarding funding, audits and program reviews.
- Represent the department in college-wide activities and to external constituents and agencies in matters relating to financial aid.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3 years of ISRS or other student record system experience
- Supervisory or lead work experience
- Experience working with people of diverse backgrounds
- Ability to articulate policies and rules to constituent groups in and outside the college
- 3 or more years of experience in a Financial Aid office or similar setting
- Organizational skills
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Good communication skills: writing, speaking, and listening
- Collaboration and teamwork skills
- Interpersonal and customer relations skills
- General knowledge of higher education policies and procedures
- Knowledge of FERPA and Minnesota Data Practices Act
ATCC is constantly seeking to become a more diverse community and to enhance its capacity to value and capitalize on the cultural richness that diversity brings. The College strongly encourages applications from persons with diverse backgrounds.
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to Minnesota State's vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
TO APPLY: Apply online at https://www.alextech.edu/about-atcc/human-resources. Click on Academic Jobs – “How to Apply” link to apply. You must apply online and attach an electronic resume and copies of your transcript(s) to your online application in order to be considered for this position.
CONTACT: Ruth Dickey; (320) 762-4484; Fax: 320-762-4450; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefits include health, dental, life insurance and retirement plan.
Alexandria Technical and Community College is an Equal Opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity. We prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or membership in a local commission as defined by law. As an affirmative action employer, we actively seek and encourage applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status. All applicants must be able to lawfully accept employment in the United States at the time of employment. This information will be made available in alternative format, such as large print or cassette tape, upon request.