Customer Service Representative
This position is responsible for providing subject matter expertise and customer service support to members, customers, and/or providers. Direct phone-based customer interaction to answer and resolve a wide variety of inquiries.
- Respond to participant/customer calls
- Resolve customer service inquiries which could include:
- Benefit and Eligibility information
- Access and/or use of products and services
- Customer material requests
- Account and payment information
- Provide the very best customer service to internal/external customers
- Strive to exceed established productivity, schedule adherence, and quality standards
- Knowledge regarding claims processing according to specified procedures and standards, meeting all position production and quality standards
- Research, review and respond to all participant type inquiries received via phone and/or email
- Project work as assigned
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask and prioritize workload.
- Ability to respond to emails and voicemails in a professional and well written/spoken response
- Ability to work flexible schedule rotating basis - 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Central Standard Time
- MS Office skills (Word and Excel)
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly (phones, emails, formal written correspondence)
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Organizational Skills - ability to meet deadlines and multitask
Ascensus is a place to have a career, not just a job. As the largest US independent retirement and college savings services provider, we put our focus on people. Our culture is guided by sound principles, is committed to high standards, operates with transparency, and welcomes diversity. When you join our team, you get to go to work every day knowing that you help over 6 million Americans save for retirement and college.
Ascensus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, citizenship, sex, marital or veteran status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Ascensus also takes affirmative action to employ, and advance in employment, qualified women, minorities, and covered veterans. Ascensus also makes reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state laws