The data administrator position is responsible for working with, managing and analyzing data in a variety of complexities and formats through applications/systems, spreadsheets, electronic data interchange and other sources. The position also works with data importing and exporting, reporting tools, macros, and is responsible for troubleshooting, problem-solving and related research. The position provides excellent customer support by interacting with clients or other contacts through phone calls and email, and makes recommendations for efficient data processes.
Job Functions, Essential Duties and Responsibilities
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintain and organize schedule of inbound and outbound data files with different methods and sources
- Comply with internal and external deadlines, and company guidelines associated with data schedules
- Coordinate data exchanges with clients and other partners
- Review and test data files, and implement any changes
- Process scheduled reports to insurance carriers or partners, and audit and troubleshoot discrepancies
- Establish relationship and work with third party operations software support for submitting tickets and issue resolution, and processing system/software updates and related testing
- Maintain confidentiality
- Analyze data specifications and format requirements
- Coordinate, troubleshoot and assist in solving complex data issues
- Develop data processes and reports using current tools and software
- Work with other team members on initiatives that involve data and integration development, and training as needed
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus – Chard Snyder to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus-Chard Snyder or our clients.
- Our I-Client service philosophy and our Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
- Assist with other department team members, tasks and projects as assigned
Required Education and Experience
- Commnication and Time Management Skills
- Customer/Client Focus
- High school diploma or GED.
- Six months prior work experience in an office environment preferred.
- Ability and proficiency with Microsoft Office and Excel applications and macros, and with technical file and electronic data interchange skills. Advanced proficiency with Excel and database applications including formatting, macros and formulas.
- Prior work experience with employee benefit plans, and/or payments, and related processes and systems/software preferred.
- Proficiency with employee health benefits, insurance carrier and company terminology
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Ascensus is a place to have a career, not just a job. As the largest US independent retirement and college savings services provider, we put our focus on people. Our culture is guided by sound principles, is committed to high standards, operates with transparency, and welcomes diversity. When you join our team, you get to go to work every day knowing that you help over 6 million Americans save for retirement and college.
Ascensus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, citizenship, sex, marital or veteran status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Ascensus also takes affirmative action to employ, and advance in employment, qualified women, minorities, and covered veterans. Ascensus also makes reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state laws