This position has the key responsibility of servicing and providing guidance to HR Simplified brokers, clients and their employees by delivering superior client service often working in an unsupervised capacity to meet strictly enforced deadlines. A critical position to the success of HR Simplified, the Benefits Consultant will independently work with internal and external customers to provide consulting, regulatory details and support services to assist with understanding, implementation, and administration of Pre-Tax Accounts, COBRA and Retiree Billing programs.
- Overall responsibility for maintaining client relationships by providing direction to the Operations & Benefit Counselors in their efforts to resolve client requests.
- Serve as primary point of contact for assigned clients regarding benefit-related issues such as compliance issues, status changes, payroll changes, etc.
- Interpret client needs and directions to properly direct Accounting, Operations & Benefit Counselors to resolve issues and ensure regulatory compliance.
- Identify process improvement opportunities.
- Participate in implementation project and provide best practices and how Plan level decisions impact administration.
- Guide and advise client through the Plan Document development process.
- Coordinate Plan renewal process to ensure a timely and smooth administration process.
- Provide detailed client feedback to Management team to aid in development of fee renewals.
- Effectively conduct enrollment presentations to large and small groups of employees using PowerPoint and/or face to face communication – travel as needed.
- On a scheduled basis, review with clients reports relative to any Service Level Agreement in place.
- Develop effective business relationships with assigned brokers and clients through primarily telephone and email contact; as requested in-person meeting as required.
- Keep current on plan provisions, existing contracts, plan documents and regulatory changes that may affect clients and services provided by HR Simplified.
- Non-Discrimination Testing – Answering client regulatory questions to facilitate the gathering of data, coordination with IT, running the tests and reporting back to clients. Providing additional guidance when needed to direct client through the process of correcting a failing score.
- Audit client level system setup and make participant level administrative adjustments during implementation and throughout administration.
- Maintain regular communication with Manager of Operations for Accounts and COBRA and the Sales Team to keep them informed of all important matters concerning the clients’ accounts to assist in the management of the current services and to assist in developing business and/or interest in additional services.
- Escalate items as needed to VP of Client Relations.
- Prepare weekly reports for VP of Client Relations as directed.
- Provide the very best customer service to internal/external customers
- Other related projects or assignments based on business need.
- Bachelor’s degree or a minimum of 3 years work experience.
- Advanced understanding of the key challenges in employee benefit plans, administration aspects, and regulatory compliance of Pre-Tax and COBRA plans.
- Demonstrated relationship building skills.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask and prioritize workload.
- Strong project management, communication and presentations skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
- Extensive experience with MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and PowerPoint.
Ascensus is a place to have a career, not just a job. As the largest US independent retirement and college savings services provider, we put our focus on people. Our culture is guided by sound principles, is committed to high standards, operates with transparency, and welcomes diversity. When you join our team, you get to go to work every day knowing that you help over 6 million Americans save for retirement and college.
Ascensus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, citizenship, sex, marital or veteran status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Ascensus also takes affirmative action to employ, and advance in employment, qualified women, minorities, and covered veterans. Ascensus also makes reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state laws