Sales Operations Specialist
The Sales Operations Specialist is responsible for all sales activities in assigned accounts or regions and managing the quality and consistency of product and service delivery. This team also provides leadership and coordination of company sales and marketing functions, develops and implements sales and marketing strategy, and monitorsanalyze sales and marketing activity against goals.
- Present and sell company products and services to current and potential clients.
- Prepare action plans and schedules to identify specific targets and to project the number of contacts to be made.
- Follow up on new leads and referrals resulting from field activity. Identify sales prospects and contact these and other accounts as assigned.
- Prepare presentations, proposals and sales contracts. Develop and maintain sales materials and current product and industry knowledge.
- Establish and maintain current client and potential client relationships. Identify and resolve client concerns.
- Prepare a variety of status reports, including activity, closings, follow-up, and adherence to goals.
- Communicate new product and service opportunities, special developments, information, or feedback gathered through field activity to appropriate company staff.
- Coordinate company staff to accomplish the work required to close sales.
- Identify and coordinate cross selling opportunities within the existing client base.
- Identify, establish and develop new and existing broker relationships to promote the services of HRS. Maintain the Sales Pipe located in the Sage CRM program.
- Participate in the development of new project proposals.
- Establish and implement short- and long-range goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures. Supervise the planning and development of company marketing and communications materials.
- Represent the company at various community and/or business meetings to promote the company.
- Supervise the preparation, issuance, and delivery of sales materials, exhibits, and promotion programs.
- Promote positive relations with partners, vendors, and distributors. Recommend and administer policies and procedures to enhance operations.
- Work with department managers and corporate staff to develop five year and ten year business plans for the company.
- Establish and implement short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Participate in marketing events such as seminars, trade shows, and telemarketing events. Coordinate shipping schedules and delivery of merchandise and services. Provide on-the-job training to new sales employees.
Travel requirements 5-10%. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to persuade and influence others.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of advertising and sales promotion techniques.
- Bachelor's Degree and three to five years of sales or marketing experience.
- Work requires significant local travel to current and potential clients.
- This requires the possession of a valid state drivers license.
Ascensus is a place to have a career, not just a job. As the largest US independent retirement and college savings services provider, we put our focus on people. Our culture is guided by sound principles, is committed to high standards, operates with transparency, and welcomes diversity. When you join our team, you get to go to work every day knowing that you help over 6 million Americans save for retirement and college.
Ascensus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, citizenship, sex, marital or veteran status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Ascensus also takes affirmative action to employ, and advance in employment, qualified women, minorities, and covered veterans. Ascensus also makes reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state laws