Supervisor II , Residential Dining
Supervisor II , Residential Dining
Posted Date 3 weeks ago(9/12/2019 1:17 PM)
Number of Openings 1
Closing Date Open Until Filled
Type of Search Staff
Who May Apply This position is open to all qualified applicants.
Position Number 330165
Department/Unit Dining Services - Auxiliary Services
FLSA Status Non-Exempt/Hourly
Employment Type Full-Time Staff
Assigned Months per Year 12
Benefits Eligible Yes
The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for a Supervisor II position within Dining Services.
The University of St. Thomas embraces diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity for all. Our convictions of dignity, diversity and personal attention call us to embody and champion a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. We welcome applicants of diverse races, ethnicities, geographic origins, gender identities, ages, socioeconomic backgrounds, sexual orientations, religions, work experience, physical and intellectual abilities, and financial means. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. This commitment is consistent with our mission to inspire our students, using the Catholic intellectual tradition, to think critically, work skillfully, and act wisely – all for the common good. A successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes:
- Up to 100% tuition remission for employees, spouses, and dependents upon eligibility
- A generous Employer retirement contribution of 9.4% of annual salary upon eligibility
- Medical, dental, and vision options
- Employer-paid disability, life, and AD&D benefits
The Supervisor II is responsible for all logistics in the front-of-house for the View residential dining hall. The primary responsibility of this position is to manage the floor during meal periods. Duties include but are not exclusive of: hiring student employees, scheduling student employees, and ongoing training of student employees. This position reports to the View Manager and works closely with the culinary team to ensure a quality dining experience.
This position works a variety of hours rotating their schedules based on business need, including nights and weekends. This position is designated as Emergency Essential. Emergency Essential employees are expected to remain at work if campus closes during their regular work schedule or to report to work if the campus closing announcement is made before their regular work schedule begins.
- Ensures that there is sufficient coverage and oversees all logistics in The View FOH operations.
- Provides a continuous management presence throughout operating hours.
- Work closely with the View Manager to develop student schedules and appropriate shifts that manage labor costs efficiently and ensure appropriate FOH coverage.
- Train and supervise student employees according to standard operating procedures and other written expectations of the Dining Services department.
- Assist with the monitoring of food and supplies, front-of-house equipment, and other tasks to ensure service runs smoothly in the View.
- Responsible for overseeing the opening and closing procedures of the View cash register and related financial transactions/tasks.
- Responsible for adhering to the Department of Health codes and SafeServ protocol.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school education or equivalent
- Four years of experience working in a large scale food preparation setting.
- Serv Safe certification with the State of Minnesota is required within 6 months of employment; cost of certification covered by the university.
- Eexperience working in one of the following: hotel, restaurant, or a college/university dining services
- Supervisory experience.
HOW TO APPLY
On the University of St. Thomas Jobs page, follow the instructions to complete an online application which includes uploading a resume and copy/pasting a job specific cover letter.
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with the University of St. Thomas requires consent and successful completion of a background screening.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website at www.stthomas.edu/jobs.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer