Construction Project Manager, Facilities Management
Construction Project Manager, Facilities Management
Posted Date 1 month ago(9/16/2019 4:10 PM)
Number of Openings 1
Closing Date Open until Filled
Type of Search Staff
Who May Apply This position is open to all qualified applicants.
Position Number 330010
Department/Unit Facilities Management – Business Affairs
FLSA Status Exempt/Salaried
Employment Type Full-Time Staff
Assigned Months per Year 12
Benefits Eligible Yes
The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for a Project Manager within the Facilities Management department.
Inspired by Catholic intellectual tradition, the University of St. Thomas educates students to be morally responsible leaders who think critically, act wisely, and work skillfully to advance the common good. A successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission statement.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes:
- Up to 100% tuition remission for employees, spouses, and dependents upon eligibility
- A generous Employer retirement contribution of 9.4% of annual salary upon eligibility
- Medical, dental, and vision options
- Employer-paid disability, life, and AD&D benefits
Under the general umbrella of the Associate Vice President for Facilities Management but managed by the Facilities Director of Construction, the Project Manager will take a lead role in the coordination and management of new construction projects, renovations, capital improvement, deferred maintenance projects and FF&E (Furniture, Fixtures & Equipment) procurement by interfacing with the UST community, contractors, subcontractors, architects, and engineers to provide a coordinated flow of information and attention to project priorities.
- Partner with the Facilities Director of Construction and in some cases the AVP of Facilities to procure, direct and coordinate the work of architects, engineers, and contractors for new construction, renovations, capital improvement and major repair projects to ensure all work conforms to university standards in addition to contracts and construction documents. Provide leadership and coordination with the St. Thomas community as needed to make sure that needs and wants align with project outcomes. Provide status updates during all phases of a project. Assist in the scheduling of move in and start up operations.
- Drafts and directs the RFP, bids, procurement and contract document preparation phase related to contracted construction, renovation, major repairs and capital improvements. Manages the competitive bid process when required. Negotiates with contractors and service providers whenever permitted. Justifies sole source contracting when appropriate. Manages projects with the intent of providing best value to the university with a focus on overall life cycle costs.
- Reviews and manages construction documents, specifications, shop drawings and contracts. Monitors project schedules and construction progress. Keeps records of all construction meetings and daily logs, plans, specifications, shop drawings, owner's manuals, contracts and permits of construction projects.
- Coordinates with the Director of Facilities Maintenance to determine if projects should be completed with assistance from university trade staff and manages these projects to ensure they are completed on schedule and within budget.
- Keeps accurate up-to-date records for construction budget costs and the direct purchase of construction materials. Reviews pay applications, invoices and verification of payments to subcontractors/suppliers. Tracks job progress against schedules, confirms substantial and final completion, establishment and resolution of punch lists, and verification of contract compliance.
- Supervises arrangements for and scheduling with affected departments with any interruptions of space, utilities, power, steam, water, roads, parking, etc. caused by projects.
- Directs the one-year warranty phase of projects and reports items requiring correction. Follows up to ensure adequate measures are taken by appropriate parties. Coordinates training to ensure that Facilities Management staff is provided appropriate training in the operation and maintenance of new buildings or systems. Archiving of all final project specific information into University files.
- All other construction process related activities as required.
- Manages the "Work by Owner" portion of projects to see that the necessary work is performed by outside contractors or University trade staff. This also includes managing and procuring the installation of all "N.I.C." separate contract items for the completion of the project. "Work by Owner" or "N.I.C." items could include specialized equipment, signage, furniture, window treatments and other FFE items, etc.
- Assists in providing cost estimates for annual major project requests and assists in identifying budgeting requirements related to new construction, renovations, capital improvement, major repair projects and FF&E.
- Responsible for purchasing interior finishes; FF&E and signage on behalf of the university. Coordinates and oversees installations as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, architecture, construction management or other related degree
- A minimum of four (4) years of experience in a construction management position. Experience should include conceptual and construction estimating, material/subcontractor/design procurement, project scheduling, project accounting, plan management, overall construction knowledge and experience, and overall project management
- Basic knowledge of the various project delivery methods and the steps within each
- Basic experience with project programming and budgeting
- Working knowledge of building, fire and safety codes
- Experience with Bluebeam and AutoCAD desirable
HOW TO APPLY
On the University of St. Thomas Jobs page, follow the instructions to complete an online application which includes uploading a resume and copy/pasting a job specific cover letter.
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with the University of St. Thomas requires consent and successful completion of a background screening.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website at www.stthomas.edu/jobs.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer