- Employment Status
- Full Time
Pro Staff has an opportunity for a Design Engineer to join our team working within a well known manufacturing facility. Our idea candidate would have experience conducting analytical studies on engineering proposals to develop design for products. Hours for this position are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM with overtime to be expected.
- Analyzes research data and proposed product specifications to determine feasibility of product proposal.
- Confers with research personnel to clarify or resolve problems and develops design.
- Prepares or directs preparation of product or system layout and detailed drawings and schematics.
- Directs and coordinates manufacturing or building of prototype product or system.
- Plans and develops experimental test programs.
- Analyzes test data and reports to determine if design meets functional and performance specifications.
- Confers with research and other engineering personnel and prepares design modifications as required.
- Evaluates engineering test results for possible application to development of systems or other uses.
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering and design tasks.
- Bachelor's degree (B. S.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training;
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Knowledge of Design software; Manufacturing software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software