Behavioral Health Counselor
2 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Behavioral Health Counselor
Posted Date 1 month ago(9/18/2019 12:33 PM)
Number of Openings 1
Closing Date Open Until Filled
Type of Search Staff
Who May Apply This position is open to all qualified applicants.
Position Number 2019-4113
FLSA Status Exempt/Salaried
Employment Type Full-Time Staff
Assigned Months per Year 12
Benefits Eligible Yes
The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for a Behavioral Health Counselor within the Center for Well-Being.
The University of St. Thomas embraces diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity for all. Our convictions of dignity, diversity and personal attention call us to embody and champion a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. We welcome applicants of diverse races, ethnicities, geographic origins, gender identities, ages, socioeconomic backgrounds, sexual orientations, religions, work experience, physical and intellectual abilities, and financial means. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. This commitment is consistent with our mission to inspire our students, using the Catholic intellectual tradition, to think critically, work skillfully, and act wisely – all for the common good. A successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes:
- Up to 100% tuition remission for employees, spouses, and dependents upon eligibility
- A generous Employer retirement contribution of 9.4% of annual salary upon eligibility
- Medical, dental, and vision options
- Employer-paid disability, life, and AD&D benefits
Reporting to the Medical Director, the Behavioral Health Counselor will collaborate closely with all University primary care providers, case managers, counselors, and other health team members. This position will provide early identification, assessment, intervention, and on and off campus referrals that best meet the needs of the student.
This position will provide a seamless experience for students receiving care in the University outpatient primary care clinic who are experiencing mental health challenges. This position will function collaboratively to support a healthy campus culture and work toward empowering students of every background to engage in lifelong healthy decision-making, personal growth, and academic success within an environment that is secure, welcoming, respectful, and compassionate.
- Provide appropriate professional mental health assessment, diagnosis, and treatment recommendations, and/or referral services as needed.
- Provide safety assessment, brief functional assessment, behavioral counseling, crisis intervention, skills workshops, and follow up care, as needed.
- Identifies and monitors desired patient outcomes, evaluates and response to care.
- Provide documentation using a shared Electronic Health Record.
- Engage in campus committee work as assigned and/or as time permits.
- Additional responsibilities and duties as assigned.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness by participating as an active member of the patient care team
- Participates in QI and quality assurance activities in clinical care areas
- Master's degree in social work, marriage and family therapy, clinical, professional or counseling psychology or related field from an accredited program
- Licensed or license-eligible in the state of Minnesota in a mental health profession
- One year of experience providing care in an integrated medical and mental health outpatient clinic
- Doctoral degree in social work, marriage and family therapy, clinical, professional or counseling psychology or related field from an accredited program
- Experience working with college-level mental health counseling
- Ability to interact and communicate professionally with a multi-disciplinary team, students, administrators, faculty, staff, and concerned others
HOW TO APPLY
On the University of St. Thomas Jobs page, follow the instructions to complete an online application which includes uploading a resume and copy/pasting a job specific cover letter.
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with the University of St. Thomas requires consent and successful completion of a background screening.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website at www.stthomas.edu/jobs.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer