Business Management - Credit and Collections Representative
1 day left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Atterro talent working with this client receive competitive compensation and a great benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401K and Paid Time Off plus more!
Job Description: Credit/Collections Representative
The main function of a Credit/Collections service representative is to interact with customers to provide information in response to inquiries about business operations and services. It is paramount that the individual encompasses positive attitude and energy to maintain customer relationships and to handle and resolve complaints. A typical service Credit/Collections specialist is responsible for determining the client’s issue, offer possible solutions or providing follow-up as needed. Customer service agents may be inbound, outbound or a combination of both.
The individual must have a strong appetite for problem-solving, communicating with various departments and customers, while adhering to the Business Operations policies and procedures. The individual must work daily, on-site in New Jersey location. Some overtime work may be required based on volume of work. Overtime work will need to be pre-approved.
• Resolve customers’ service or billing complaints by performing activities such as exchanging merchandise, refunding money, and adjusting bills.
• Perform reconciliation on aged receivables and identify resolutions
• Build and maintain relationships with customer agents to offer possible solutions
• Contact customers to respond to inquiries or to notify them of claim investigation results and any planned adjustments
• Refer unresolved customer grievances to designated departments for further investigation
• Keep records of customer interactions and transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, and comments, as well as actions taken
• Work with various departments such as Sales and Order Management and bridge the gap between groups
• Perform due diligence to customers when needed
• Export and analyze data to build reports regarding aged trial balances, credit and collections
• Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, customer service skills and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work independently and manage one’s time
• Previous experience with computer applications, such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and any other related data entry or accounting software
• Ability to work collaboratively with all departments, management levels within the company
• Bachelor’s degree in related field (Business Operations, Accounting, Finance, and Customer Service) is preferred
• SAP experience is a plus
Please submit candidates with the following must haves:
• Strong appetite for problem-solving, communicating with various departments and customers, while adhering to the Business Operations policies and procedures
• Strong work ethic and positive attitude, energy. Must be a team player
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
Nice to have:
• Previous experience with SAP or any other related data entry software
• Knowledge of Business Operations and accounting/finance principles