Part-Time MNSure Navigator/Benefits Counselor (Temporary/Seasonal)
Our Part-Time MNSure Navigator/Benefits Counselor is here to provide health insurance assistance to Minnesotans living with HIV who are eligible for Minnesota Department of Human Services HIV/AIDS Programs and provide ongoing support and training for other benefits counseling programs and social service providers. We need someone who's great over the phone, can explain difficult things in a way that others can easily understand, and really truly enjoys helping people.
- Conduct targeted enrollment and outreach activities with MNsure Project staff and external grant partners to alert eligible individuals about access to health care coverage through MNsure (the MN health insurance exchange);
- Provide direct assistance to clients to obtain health care benefits through MNsure, including informing clients of all health care options, determining eligibility, and assisting with enrollment;
- Provide basic information to other providers regarding MNsure enrollment and questions related to the Affordable Care Act (ACA);
- Collect needed data to maintain quality performance and service delivery;
- Establish and maintain knowledge of public health programs and private health insurance coverage through MNsure;
- Participate in outreach events and other marketing opportunities for MNsure throughout the state;
- Establish and maintain professional working relationships with other organizations and MNsure Community Specialist.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum one year of experience in social services OR a bachelor’s degree in a human services-related field OR a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent telephone manner and interpersonal skills
- High level of motivation with attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple priorities under strict deadlines
- Experience with HIPAA compliance
- Experience with Minnesota Health Care Programs (MHCPs), MNsure, Medicare, the Affordable Care Act and other public and private benefits
- Experience with HIV and/or HIV services
- Experience with government-funded contracts, reporting, and compliance
- Demonstrated skill and expertise working with individuals from communities that are disproportionately impacted by HIV, including African American, Latinx, African born, and LGBTQ. Those with lived experiences in these communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
0.4-0.5 FTE (15-20 hours per week)
10/1/19 to 1/31/20. Candidate will preferably be available Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons. Remaining work hours can be completed as candidate’s schedule allows.
Compensation commensurate with skills and experience. Position is part-time/temporary and will not be eligible for benefits.