Rehabilitation Counselor, Sr
Enable persons with disabilities to significantly increase their vocational, personal and financial independence with special attention to individuals with severe disabilities and significant vocational impediments. To serve as consultant to other Rehabilitation Counselors and other agencies regarding services and programs for people with disabilities. Priority focuses on service to school and work transition students, IPS project, and adults with physical and mental health disabilities. Also manage a transition caseload servicing high schools and provide resources to other agencies regarding services for persons with disabilities. Disabilities in the caseload will include: developmental disabilities, learning disabilities, autism spectrum disorders, traumatic brain injuries, communication disorders, mental health diagnosis, physical disabilities, chemical dependencies, cognitive disorders, and neurological disorders.
1. Conduct an assessment of the participant’s disabilities in terms of their resulting vocational impediments in order to determine the applicant’s eligibility for Vocational Rehabilitation Services and their Priority for Services category.
2. To conduct a comprehensive assessment and provide guidance and counseling to the vocationally impeded participants with disabilities and to develop and Employment Plan so that services provided are consistent with the participant’s assets and disability related vocational impediments described in the Comprehensive Assessment.
3. To coordinate vocational placement and follow up services so completion of the plan of services can be assured and to disengage the participant from the agency so the vocational rehabilitation process can be completed.
4. To maintain professional growth and ethical counseling standards so as to keep abreast of current and new trends in the rehabilitation field and to provide the broadest range of services to Participants.
5. Provide specialized consultation and support to referral sources and vocational rehabilitation services to people with disabilities in the assigned service delivery area.
Travel is required.