Supplier Quality Engineer
4 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
ASV Holdings, Inc. designs and manufactures a full line of compact track loaders and skid steers used primarily in construction, forestry, landscaping and agriculture. ASV has an immediate opening for a Supplier Quality Engineer. This position is located in Grand Rapids, MN and will report directly to the Purchasing Manager.
- Implement Quality systems for production and supply base.
- Advise and support Quality Technicians on day to day production issues and process controls.
- Collect and evaluate supplier quality data to identify process improvement opportunities within the supply chain.
- Work with suppliers directly to create corrective action plans to address process failures.
- Communicate and instruct suppliers on the use of corrective action process and quality tools and techniques.
- Review supplier manufacturing processes, collaborate with suppliers on process improvement and value enhancement opportunities.
- Regularly communicate with Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, and Supply Chain team members internally to identify opportunities for quality and productivity improvement.
- Collect, maintain, and report on supplier performance metrics.
- Participate in Engineering Change meetings to ensure awareness to design changes, implement engineering changes in accordance with 1st article process.
- Regularly visit suppliers and assist the supply chain group in conducting supplier audits.
- Prepare, update and coordinate incoming inspection plans.
- Create, issue and complete Supplier Corrective Action requests.
- Support ENC implementations with assigned suppliers.
- Provide support and analysis on special projects as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, or related field from an accredited college or university.
- 3+ years’ experience in Quality Engineering, Reliability Engineering, or Test Engineering.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Experience working in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and electrical systems and components.
- Proficient in quality analysis tools such as 8D, SPC, PFMEA, and others.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to teach basic problem-solving techniques and facilitate problem solving team events.
- Experience in developing part certification processes (PPAP) and vendor quality measures.
- Knowledge of fabrication-based quality control methods, tools and techniques.
- Strong engineering analysis skills, as well as data analysis and reporting.
- Strong communication, presentation, and team building skills.
- Manages time effectively, remains organized in all circumstances.
- Self-motivated with a high level of initiative.
- Must be able to travel on an occasional basis. Valid driver's license.
Apply for Supplier Quality Engineer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly