Media Buyer opportunity in the Far Northern suburbs! Seeking candidates open to a 1 year contract, must be able to work on-site!
The Media Buyer position will partner with brand teams to set media strategies, determine advertising channels and establish media spending by channel. The Media Buyer will work across all areas of the organization to communicate media strategies, plans and results for both consumer and professional media. Working with the media agencies of record, you will develop and execute strategic media plans for a set of brands/indications. You should have experience in uses of traditional and non-traditional media channels, as you’re expected to conceive, plan and execute winning, innovative media solutions across various products consistent with each brand’s business strategies.
- Media Strategies and Planning
- Work with media agencies to translate media strategies into tactics
- Review vendor consideration set with the agencies
- Brand/Agency Management
- Media Administration
- Attend industry trade shows to keep current on marketplace knowledge
- Tracking/monitoring media activity, including competitive analysis
- Disseminate competitive reporting to brand teams and data analytics groups
- Bachelor’s degree in Arts, Business or Marketing with 5-8 years of work experience in several aspects of media (digital, offline, programmatic, etc.). Prior media agency experience is a must.
- Strong Agency management, including the ability to delegate responsibility, overseeing and management work and priorities, provide coaching/mentoring/difficult feedback to ensure high quality standards are always met
- Ability to manage multiple projects and vendors simultaneously with high attention to detail and adherence to departmental process
- Knowledge of third party data sources like Nielsen, MRI, IMS, Simmons, Kantar, AdViews and third party tools like Media Tools, Media Ocean, etc.
- Extremely organized and proactive with the ability to collaborate in a fast-paced team environment
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Microsoft software knowledge, including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook