Health Case Manager, Center for Well-Being (.83 FTE)
Health Case Manager, Center for Well-Being (.83 FTE)
Posted Date 3 weeks ago(9/27/2019 8:59 AM)
Number of Openings 1
Closing Date Open until Filled
Type of Search Staff
Who May Apply This position is open to all qualified applicants.
Department/Unit Center for Well-Being, Student Affairs
FLSA Status Exempt/Salaried
Employment Type Full-Time Staff
Assigned Months per Year 12
Benefits Eligible Yes
The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for a full-time Health Case Manager opportunity within the new Center for Well-Being.
The University of St. Thomas embraces diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity for all. Our convictions of dignity, diversity and personal attention call us to embody and champion a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. We welcome applicants of diverse races, ethnicities, geographic origins, gender identities, ages, socioeconomic backgrounds, sexual orientations, religions, work experience, physical and intellectual abilities, and financial means. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. This commitment is consistent with our mission to inspire our students, using the Catholic intellectual tradition, to think critically, work skillfully, and act wisely – all for the common good. A successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes:
- Up to 100% tuition remission for employees, spouses, and dependents upon eligibility
- A generous Employer retirement contribution of 9.4% of annual salary upon eligibility
- Medical, dental, and vision options
- Employer-paid disability, life, and AD&D benefits
The Health Case Manager is embedded in the University's newly created Center for Well-Being, an integrated health care delivery and prevention service characterized by a high degree of collaboration and communication among a variety of health professionals. This position will report initially to the Executive Director collaborating closely with primary care providers, mental health counselors and other health team members.
The goal of this position is to provide a seamless experience for those who are receiving care in the Center for Well-Being and require assistance in coordinating care and services at St. Thomas and the broader community.
Provide case management, ongoing care coordination, and advocacy for students, faculty and staff receiving care at the Center for Well-Being and facilitate access with resources in the broader community
Provide consultation services to students, parents, faculty and staff, and outside professionals
- Advocate for, and communicate with patients / clients for case management services such as brief check-ins, management of medication and insurance concerns, referrals to campus or community resources, and or guidance/advocacy in navigating university and community systems
Work with hospital staff on appropriate discharge plan and follow up post discharge to assess and modify treatment plans as needed
Represent the Center for Well-Being on the weekly Behavioral Intervention Team and FLAG meetings.
Build partnerships with relevant community referral organizations
Engage in campus committee work as assigned by Director and/or as time permits
Maintain accurate and timely documentation for all clinical interactions and consultations using a shared Electronic Health Record
Follow policies and procedures consistent with state and federal statutes, ethical guidelines, best practices, HIPAA, and FERPA
Additional responsibilities and duties as assigned
- Master's degree in social work, nursing, marriage and family therapy, clinical psychology, counseling psychology or a related field from an accredited program
- Five years of experience in providing case management in an acute care, outpatient, or integrated medical and mental health outpatient clinic
- Must be licensed or license-eligible to practice independently in the state of Minnesota as a counselor, social worker, nurse, or psychologist
- Experience in college health or college counseling
- Knowledge of Healthcare insurance policies and procedures, community agencies and resources
Knowledge, skill, and passion to work with young adults from a diversity of backgrounds and traditionally underrepresented populations
Ability to interact and communicate professionally with multidisciplinary team, students, administrators, faculty, staff, and concerned others both within and outside the University
HOW TO APPLY
On the University of St. Thomas Jobs page, follow the instructions to complete an online application which includes uploading a resume and copy/pasting a job specific cover letter.
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with the University of St. Thomas requires consent and successful completion of a background screening.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website at www.stthomas.edu/jobs.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer