Administrative Assistant, College of Health
Administrative Assistant, College of Health
Posted Date 3 weeks ago(9/30/2019 12:20 PM)
Number of Openings 1
Department/Unit College of Health
FLSA Status Non-Exempt/Hourly
Employment Type Full-Time Staff
Benefits Eligible Yes
The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for an Administrative Assistant position within the College of Health. This individual will be the Assistant to the Vice President and Founding Dean, College of Health.
The University of St. Thomas embraces diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity for all. Our convictions of dignity, diversity and personal attention call us to embody and champion a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. We welcome applicants of diverse races, ethnicities, geographic origins, gender identities, ages, socioeconomic backgrounds, sexual orientations, religions, work experience, physical and intellectual abilities, and financial means. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. This commitment is consistent with our mission to inspire our students, using the Catholic intellectual tradition, to think critically, work skillfully, and act wisely – all for the common good. A successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes:
- Up to 100% tuition remission for employees, spouses, and dependents upon eligibility
- A generous Employer retirement contribution of 9.4% of annual salary upon eligibility
- Medical, dental, and vision options
- Employer-paid disability, life, and AD&D benefits
The Administrative Assistant to the Vice President and Founding Dean, College of Health is responsible for supporting the mission of the University by assisting the vice president in the performance of overall responsibilities and overseeing the vice president's multi-faceted office to help ensure smooth and efficient operation.
The Administrative Assistant is also responsible for ensuring that project initiatives and deadlines are met, College of Health information is up-to-date and disseminated properly, and budgeting processes are conducted appropriately.
Manage and provide executive office support for the Dean and the College of Health. The Administrative Assistant will also have responsibility for: creating and/or handling highly confidential information and documents with tact and discretion; working independently on projects as assigned; prioritizing workflow, creating systems feedback to ensure the needs are met in a timely manner.
Specific duties include:
- Manage the Dean's calendar for all activities, appointments, meetings and travel.
- Review, prioritize and determine actions for all incoming correspondence and communications inside and outside of the College.
- Make arrangements and coordinate all materials and other necessary details for internal and external meetings, conferences, and special events, including food, agendas, minutes, reports, presentations and memos.
- Prepare and maintain college and departmental directories. Hire, schedule and supervise work study students and support specialists.
- Ensure welcoming environment and appropriate redirection for all visitors/inquires.
- Invoicing, processing payments, ordering supplies and materials for the college within the budgeted guidelines
- Liaison between the dean and faculty; attending college meetings and producing minutes; managing teaching evaluation process each semester; and other reporting of other feedback systems as requested.
- Maintain excellent working relationship as with all members of the College of Health, the president's office staff, and the internal college community as well as the Board of Trustees and donors
- Other duties as required.
- High school diploma or the equivalent
- five years of administrative support experience to executive managerial staff
- Bachelor's degree preferred
HOW TO APPLY
On the University of St. Thomas Jobs page, follow the instructions to complete an online application which includes uploading a resume and copy/pasting a job specific cover letter.
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with the University of St. Thomas requires consent and successful completion of a background screening.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website at www.stthomas.edu/jobs.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer