Building Supervisor Evening
This is highly responsible supervisory work assisting in the operation of the community center, and in the safety and security of the district buildings and grounds. Work involves the overall responsibility for supervision and safety of programs and activities scheduled at the Rockford Community Center as well as at the School District buildings and grounds. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Facilities Coordinator.
Provides good customer service to persons and organizations who use the facilities.
Participates in the implementation of recreational programs and activities presented at a community center and schools. Such items may include:
- Reviewing facility permits to determine authorized users and schedule of events; determining and setting up any special equipment or supplies requested by permitted users.
- Resolving scheduling conflicts with district’s facility scheduling program.
- Completing and submitting required reports (e.g., no-shows) to Community Education Facilities Scheduling.
- Meeting with event organizers at location site for event planning as needed.
Assists in the maintenance of the building and equipment. This may include:
- Performing custodial duties as assigned.
- Helping supervise various weekend events/rentals.
- Assisting event tear down – restoring facility to neat and original condition, notifying custodian of any extra garbage, and noting any equipment or supplies that were broken.
Assists in maintaining safety and security in the district facilities and equipment. This includes:
- Controlling access to spaces as needed and authorized by permit and making sure that all facility users have left the premises at the completion of the scheduled events.
- Patrolling the building and grounds, monitoring for misconduct, potentially unsafe situations or unusual activity, and reporting any concerns to the school administration and Facilities Coordinator.
- Responding appropriately to any emergencies and/or injuries; calling 911 if necessary.
- Promptly completing and submitting required reports (e.g., incident reports, blood borne pathogen incident reports) to Community Education Facilities Scheduling.