ASSISTANT ATTORNEY GENERAL, ANTITRUST DIVISION
Description: The Attorney General’s Office seeks an experienced lawyer to join its Antitrust Division. The lawyer’s primary caseload will involve enforcing Minnesota’s laws regarding antitrust and unfair competition in state and federal court. There may also be opportunities to work on matters involving Minnesota’s consumer protection laws or to work on cases of state-wide impact. In addition to litigation, the position includes responsibility for investigation of potential claims prior to litigation.
- Responsibilities: As an Assistant Attorney General you will investigate potential violations of state and federal antitrust laws, and enforce these laws when appropriate. The division helps ensure consumers, businesses, and the government have a competitive environment in which to purchase goods and services. Prior antitrust experience is strongly preferred. The division participates in numerous coordinated investigations of potential anticompetitive conduct by multiple state and federal enforcers of antitrust laws, including other state attorneys general, the U.S. Department of Justice and the Federal Trade Commission. Litigation could be venued in Minnesota or elsewhere in the United States, and periodic travel may be required for investigations or litigation. Attorneys in the division appear in state and federal courts in related enforcement actions.
- Graduation from a law school accredited by the ABA and licensed to practice law in the State of Minnesota (or willingness to obtain licensure);
- Three years of civil litigation experience;
- An interest in handling antitrust and unfair competition cases on behalf of the State before administrative tribunals, district courts, and in the appellate courts (state and federal);
- Ability to travel throughout the state, with the possibility of out-of-state travel as required;
- Ability to use electronic files and case management tools;
- The ability to contribute positively to a team and interact successfully with co-workers, state and federal law enforcement colleagues, and members of the public;
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to multitask by managing an active caseload and meeting tight deadlines; and
- Ability to work in an inclusive, creative and collaborative work environment.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- More than three years of civil litigation experience;
- Antitrust litigation experience;
- Knowledge/experience in agriculture-related or health care issues; and
- Knowledge/experience in economic principles of competition law.
- Application Information: Interested applicants must apply by sending a resume, cover letter and writing sample to email@example.com. The deadline to apply is October 16, 2019.
Note: The Attorney General’s Office greatly encourages, celebrates and values diversity. It is an equal opportunity employer which does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or military status. If you need reasonable accommodation for a disability, please call June Walsh at (651) 757-1199 or (800) 627-3529 (Minnesota Relay).