IT Project Manager
Days: Based on qualifications
Hiring rate or hiring range: Based on qualifications
The Project Manager is responsible for leading the planning and implementation of a project. through a solution deployment. This includes using the PMO project methodology to facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables as well as working with staff to identify project tasks and resource requirements. Responsibilities include development and maintenance of project plans, assembling and coordinating project staff, and managing project resource allocations. Plans and schedules in alignment with project timelines. Also tracks project deliverables, and provides direction and support to project team. Serves as primary contact on project, proactively providing project status to all stakeholders as well as point of escalation for potential roadblocks.
- Identifies and manages project scope, goals and deliverables per PMO project menthodology. Defines project tasks and resource requirements. Plans and schedules project timelines, manages project resource allocations to meet project goals. Serves as point of escalation for obstacles which require resolution in order to meet project objectives. Ensures quality assurance, and proper transition to production environment.
- Monitors, documents, and reports status of assigned projects to all stakeholders.
- Creates strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning. Ensures projects are following defined quality control/quality assurance measures. Efficiently identifies and solves project issues.
- Implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs.
- Any combination of post secondary education in Business, Information Technology or related IT experience to equal 7 years.
- Experience in project management. Knowledge of project management techniques and tools, including Agile.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and sound judgment. Strong analytic and troubleshooting skills required.
- Proven experience in people management, risk management, change management.
- Proficient use of project management software (MS Project).
- Knowledge and understanding of escalation, configuration, change & release processes.