Under the guidance of a manager, this position is responsible for a transactional part of the claims logistics cycle for all the company’s products; including Outbound Shipping & Delivery (OS&D) investigation, credit issue to customer, filing claims, and claims recovery from 3PL/carriers.
The position ensures claims process is smoothly run through the channel by collecting and reviewing delivery and documentation items, investigating OS&D cases with logistics colleagues and processing claims via phone and personal contact with logistics colleagues, business partners, internal partners, and customers.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Business, Finance or similar
• 1-3 years of work experience in a business or logistics environment.
• Preferable: General knowledge of logistics and/or supply chain.
• Advanced Excel skills
• Knowledge of SAP
• The ability to read, prepare, interpret, and understand product shipment information in English from various order and shipping documents to ensure accuracy and thorough preparation of transportation documents.
• Works on problems of limited and routine scope where limited analysis of data requires identification of predetermined solutions.
• Investigate, review and validate discrepancy cases to process credit to customer
• Communicate with credit and collection team to ensure all deductions are disputed or credited correctly
• Resolve claims by communicating with 3PL/carrier for recovery
• Prepare and submit claims to insurance; communicate with insurance for cargo claims
• Preparing daily and weekly reports for management.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Due to the nature of business, this role requires the incumbent to be onsite in the office Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 6:00 pm and must be able to work regular overtime in the office (often with minimal notice).
• Environmental factors: Seated primarily at a desk, operate a computer keyboard and mouse, view a video display terminal between 50% - 95% of work time, including prolonged periods of time. Requires considerable (90%) work utilizing high visual acuity/detail, numeric/character distinction, and moderate hand/finger dexterity.
• The movement and transportation of work equipment, most of the time is under 25 pounds.
• Performs work under time schedules and stress which are normally periodic or cyclical, including time sensitive deadlines, intellectual challenge, some language barriers, and project management deadlines. • Ability to travel without restrictions within the United States and Canada, up to 30% of the time depending on department and business needs. Travel may include overnight travel via car or airplane.
• When traveling on business, may perform inventory audits at a warehouse location. May be required to move objects up to 40 pounds and spend up 90% of time standing, kneeling, walking.
• When visiting another company’s office, must be able to sit for prolonged periods (including on an airline), stand, walk, carry laptop and lift own personal luggage.