About Free Spirit Publishing Inc.
Free Spirit is the leading publisher of learning tools that support young people’s social-emotional health and educational needs. For 35 years, our mission has been to help children and teens think for themselves, overcome challenges, and make a difference in the world.
We seek a full-time administrative assistant to provide support to our publisher and editorial department. General duties include file and database maintenance, record-keeping, and correspondence. This position will assist in drafting contracts, as well as tracking and preparing correspondence related to submissions, permissions, and licensing. Assist publisher with trademark and copyright enforcement, and other legal matters. The ideal candidate will support Free Spirit’s mission and have attention to detail and strong written and oral communication skills. Must be able to work independently and thrive in our creative, fast-paced environment.
Required Education and Skills
- A two-year or B.A. degree in business communications/administration, or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working as an administrative assistant.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Skill using database and word processing programs and conducting internet research.
- Strong service orientation with professional phone demeanor.
Please send a letter of interest, résumé, and salary requirements to:
Free Spirit Publishing
6325 Sandburg Road, Suite 100
Golden Valley, MN 55427
No calls or agencies, please. EOE